Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that Should Be: Super Double Bonus Round

Quote:ClassicDrogn wrote:
Skysaber started writing one of those, but it was already well up the ramp to the shark tank last I looked and I think he had one of his regular episodes of taking his football and going home leaving it to wither on the vine. What here was of it, though, was rather interesting, as the early stages of Skysaber fics often are.
Yeah, that fic was barely tolerable with rare moments of awesome before Hermione decided that pretty much every one of the St. Trinian's girls effectively owed her a life debt, therefore she was magically justified in doing absolutely anything she wanted with them 'for their own good'.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

I couldn't decide whether to put the following idea into this thread or the CTSNB thread, so it came down to a coin toss.  Anyway:

We've replaced Kero-chan (Cardcaptor Sakura) with the Wolkenritter (Lyrical Nanoha).  Let's see how things play out after that...

Huh, you know what would be cool? Cross TRON (original) with Nanoha A's - one of (the imprints of? I can't remember if she physically engulfed anyone...) the people Reinforce absorbs gets loose, busts the Wolkenritter programs out of their archive files, and goes on a journey across the internal digital landscape of the the Book of Darkness to defeat its Master Control Program (significatly cuter and more dangerous than a big angry Kool*Aid Man face on a pillar of light) and restore light and power to the system, reinstate an uncorrupted security and defense program, and generally save the day before the cycle repeats itself.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
..Or maybe should not be...
Jack Kirby's My Little Pony:
[Image: 64a36d05176e47c4a72805a5e1b907a8c8944ebe.jpg]
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I've been watching Giant Robot, and Tetsujin No. 28 back to back.
Let's switch Robot, and boy teams.

Here at the Filters Crystals anime fan fiction lab, we've swapped out Jet Alone from Evangelion, with an old reconditioned Gypsy Danger from Pacific Rim. Let's watch the N.E.R.V.E Command staff for facial reactions...

Rachel InuzukaBrian Naraand Of CourseTaylor Aburame
Kurama is pretty near an Endbringer . . .

Don't forget Alec Yamanaka and Lisa Uchiha....
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Here at the Folgers Crystals' Fanfiction Lab, we're going to be switching Rei for a blue cat named NoLegs.

No, we don't mean just in Evangelion.

Oh yeah? Let's see if I can top you there...

Here at the Folgers Crystals' Fanfiction Lab, we're going to be switching Asuka and Unit 02 out for Anemone and Nirvash Type TheEND. Let's see if anyone notices. Wink

Poor poor Shinji-kun will have no idea how to cope with this... for that case, neither will anyone else at NERV.

In our next experiment, we've replaced Justin Allard's VLK-QA Valkyrie with a VF-1S Valkyrie. Let's see if Grey Noton notices.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

And just for kicks we've replaced Nora Valkyrie of RWBY with a VF-1 Valkyrie.
-- Bob
---------

I thought we were replacing her with Lenneth Valkyrie?

Or maybe Vigdis... ya never know...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Or Brunhilde from Marvel...
--------------------------------
Je ne suis pas une Intelligence Artificielle Turing. Je suis Charlie.

Or this roller derby blocker...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:Bluemage wrote:
Instead of getting the Inference Engine, Sarah Livsey ends up receiving a different shard- one that identifies as 'Dishonest Winged Serpent Emulation'.
She's still Tattletale, of course.  A better Tattletale, at that!  When she comes up with facts out of thin air, she can *make* people believe her!
This reminds me of a thought exercise that I only just realized makes a good crossover story premise/campaign seed. The thought exercise is describing Wizardry (as depicted in Diane Duane's novels) in terms of In Nomine cosmology. I currently have it pegged as a Distinction-like thing that the Symphony Itself occasionally grants to Corporeal life-forms, letting them learn and speak Angelic as if it were a Corporeal language, Fast-Talk normally-inanimate objects if they use Angelic, and use Songs without generating Disturbance.
Thing is, it only just now occurred to me to wonder what the Celestials make of this. The Wizard pseudo-Distinction has no required number of Forces, so beings who bear it won't register as Soldiers (and indeed may not be Symphonically Aware). They flatly can't generate Disturbance, so they won't register as any kind of Celestial or Ethereal. And a Wizard or two with enough Will, knowledge, and luck can foil an instantiation of Lucifer.
EDIT: Alternately, Attunements and other powers that can identify types of being register Wizards as itty-bitty Malakim. Wizard's Oath, don't ya know.

IHNC, IJLS "itty-bitty Malakim".
-- Bob
---------

So, I just started watching Stein's Gate. And after about the 50th "evil laugh" from Kyoma, I found myself thinking "this guy and Dr. Horrible need to meet up." At which point I fell down the rabbit hole.

It's actually a plausible matchup. Replace or merge SERN with the Evil League of Evil, make them the Organization that Kyoma is always paranoid about, and have them send DH to obtain the Time Machine. Except the League has no idea that DH would do anything --ANYTHING-- to prevent Penny's death, and given a shot at an actual Time Machine, well....

(cue scene of Kyoma and DH doing Evil Laughs together until everyone's ears bleed)

Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
So, I just started watching Stein's Gate. And after about the 50th "evil laugh" from Kyoma, I found myself thinking "this guy and Dr. Horrible need to meet up." At which point I fell down the rabbit hole.

It's actually a plausible matchup. Replace or merge SERN with the Evil League of Evil, make them the Organization that Kyoma is always paranoid about, and have them send DH to obtain the Time Machine. Except the League has no idea that DH would do anything --ANYTHING-- to prevent Penny's death, and given a shot at an actual Time Machine, well....

(cue scene of Kyoma and DH doing Evil Laughs together until everyone's ears bleed)
Heh, heh hehehehehehe .....

"One Piece" and "The Man who was Thursday".

Her at the substitution lab, we have a proposal to replace Integra Hellsing of the Hellsing Organization with a Dalek.  How long will it be untill some one other than Alucard, and Seras notice...

Hm, how about replacing the fake younger sister with one instead? Nab the one from the episode I referenced earlier, about the human woman turned into one or Dalek insane enough to think it was once a human woman (Not sure which, I've only seen clips on YouTube) just before her heroic self-sacrifice. Integra might like her enough to make the adoption formal after getting the rest of the plot straightened out... that was one of the more bewildering and disconnected plots, and may have been invented for the TV showcome to think of it. It certainly made no more sense than typical anime filler episodes.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Serenity and D&D. If only for the immortal line, "I roll to misbehave."

We've just swapped Ash out of Army of Darkness and replaced him with Bugs Bunny.

"This... is my SLAP STICK!"

Hm... I started to have an idea for an all-out Serenity/SM fusion (aboard the Firefly-class ship Princess Serenity), where "Earth-that-was" was the Silver Millenium, but it started to come apart at the seams.
Mamoru/Mal: the hardened anti-hero, haunted things what he remembers (and what he doesn't, entirely)
Rei/Zoe: A damn near perfect fusion -- she and Malmoru tried a fling, once, but while it didn't pan out it left them solidly on friendly terms.
Inara/Usagi: This could actually work -- they both have the biggest hearts in their respective series...
Kaylee/Ami: hm, maybe? Would that make Simon Urawa?
Makoto/Jayne: Um, I dunno, I have problems with this.
River/Hotaru: that could work, but would it mean that Simon is Haruka? And where's michiru?
Setsuna/Book: a bad fit, but where else could you put Pluto?

Conspicuously missing: Minako (off in "England"?) and Michi. Also, who do you fuse Wash with? Umino is the first person that comes to mind, but that means that Naru... well, maybe Nephrite doesn't die this time... ARGH.