Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that Should Be: Super Double Bonus Round

Haruka(race driver) is Wash (pilot), plus Uranus was the god(titan?) of the Heavens, another good match for a spacecraft pilot)

You could have Michiru as Book. Well spoken, capable of getting along in polite society, but with a hidden capacity for violence if they believe it needed.

Setsuna could be one of those re-occuring characters. that shows up from time to time, perhaps asa fixer hooking the crew up with jobs/information

Ami may fit better as Simon, medically oriented and quite intelligent/knowledgeable.

Could have Minako as Kaylee. Venus is supposedto be aligned with the element of metal, isn't she?

Hm, how about this one: the dimensional rift in Pacific Rim actually opened up when South Ataria Island (and the salvaged Alien Star Ship 1 that had crashed there, back in 1999) vanished when the Launch Day celebrations were crashed by flying saucers and giant ostrich-mecha. The Kaiju were at first thought to be just more of the same, until contact was reestablished with their lost space battleship and the tactics of the two sets of enemies were compared... but in the mean time before it could get back, there were two years of fending off giant monsters from beneath the sea, even if the space alien situation had been successfully covered up for the most part.

The big question there is, what happens when the Zentreadi see what looks like their ancient enemy the Protodeviln being fought off by the local miclons, in mecha that make even Breetai look small, and could probably arm-wrestle (DYRL-design) Bodolza?

(In case you're not a rabid Macross fan like I am, I'll note that the in-continuity canon has been set at the events of the TV series with the more detailed visual designs from Do You Remember Love, which I generally approve of even if Blue Breetai is cooler than the all-green Zentran. Meltran, oddly enough, don't seem to look any different in maclone form unlike the males. How utterly unsurprising. Well, barring Klan Klang's genetic defect that makes her a boob-monster in maclone and a loli in miclone, thus providing fanservice for both extremes of the target audience...)
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Ranma 1/2 and Robert Heinlein's All You Zombies, which is a crossover that's so perfect as to seem nearly inevitable. In fact... I could swear I've seen this done somewhere, somewhen....

Then again, there are other gender-flipping anime that could fit -- Tsuaba-kun Change, IIRC? And there must be others.

Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
Then again, there are other gender-flipping anime that could fit -- Tsuaba-kun Change, IIRC? And there must be others.
Futaba-kun Change, but yeah.  
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Order of the Stick / Pathfinder - Redcloak meets Pathfinder goblins.

I was reading a Worm crossover and it occurred to me that there seem to be two standout qualities for Taylor that are shared between most of these crossovers and (from what I understand) the original story:

1) She is constantly being... I don't know the language standards of this board, so I'll say "pooed"... She's constantly being pooed on by circumstances.
2) She finds clever ways to use esoteric abilities and has an analytical approach to the extraordinary and ridiculous.

It might just be me with ENEMY STANDOs on the brain, but I think Worm is a prime candidate for a JoJo fusion. Two great tastes that go great together!

The X-Com games and The A-Team. Because, really, if Hannibal's crew isn't part of X-Com's backstory, that's just a flat-out crime against drama.

Consider: X-Com had to kludge together anti-alien technologies and weapons at a rate exceeded only by the PRDC in Pacific Rim. The only person more qualified than the A-Team to be part of that desperate first-year effort is probably Angus MacGuyver.

Also, X-Commies need to be just this side (or perhaps juuust the other side) of batshit crazy. And while the A-Team movie had its flaws, "They're trying to fly that tank" pretty much encapsulates how well-qualified Hannibal, Face, BA, and Murdock (especially Murdock!) are on this score.

Metalocalypse/Persona 3.

"So you can summon gods by shooting yourself in the head?"

"Yep."

"...That's the most metal thing that I've ever heard!"

Sigh. There are exactly zero worthwhile Log Horizon crossovers on FFnet.

Someone point me to something worth reading.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

I've only run across maybe three Log Horizon fics in total, only one of which wasn't a one-off. Fortunately, that one was by Vathara; unfortunately for your purposes, it wasn't a crossover. (It also hasn't been updated since April.)

It's on FFnet and also on AO3, if you're interested and haven't seen it already.

Since I'm posting anyway: I've got a few things I'm wanting to write up to post that aren't exactly "should be", necessarily, but are more crossover-fic ideas I've had that I would like to see done but am unlikely to be able to do - and in any case would like to share. There hasn't been much of that in the CTSB threads, compared to the sort of thing that's been posted in the Non-Crossovers that Should Be thread; would it be considered appropriate here, or should I post such things separately if at all?

Eh, go ahead, I say. It's just a bunny hutch.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

One crossover I've thought of for Log Horizon is Sunstone - given that it's got a character who explicitly plays MMORPGs.
Another possibility is Assassination Classroom - neglecting your studies to play Elder Tales is exactly the kind of thing that's likely to get you into classroom 3-E - and teach you strategic and teamwork skills.

"Gentlemen, we have successfully combined a Stargate with a Flux Capacitor.  Now we just need a really cool way to get it up to 88..."
[Image: Borg_Stargate_from_SecondLife_by_fraterchaos.png]

This.
Or, for a local copy:  "Driving into Mordor would make an interesting Top Gear challenge."
[Image: AudiFourRingsToRuleThemAll.jpg]

I see to be on a roll this week...

During the Black Moon Arc of Sailor Moon, a UFO appears over Tokyo -- and is engaged by a fully armed and operational X-COM. Mayhem and hilarity ensue -- Team Rubeus dismiss local technology as beneath their notice, and get burned badly. The X-COMmers are expecting Sufficiently Advanced Technology, not actual magic (though, they're so accustomed to having to deal with things outside of human experience, they don't fare nearly as badly as they might). And the X-COM aliens swoop in thinking that Earth's defenders have come up with something new and potentially threatening, and take fire from everyone else, just on general principles (no villain team-ups -- the X-COM aliens don't negotiate, communicate, or... anything, TTBOMK).

"We're coming with you."
"But--! Commander, we're going a thousand years into the future!"
"Sailor Moon, my orders are to defend this planet against any and all extraterrestrial threats. They don't specify a timeframe." A wry grin. "Besides, Sailor Mercury wouldn't agree to collaborate with our research division until I agreed to commit X-COM's full available resources to this fight. The Council will probably have my head, but I'm betting it'll be worth it in the long run."

(how did this happen? I can only assume Setsuna was distracted dealing with a trans-temporal incursion by the Doctor....)

Dammit, I'm supposed to be sleeping....

The Silver Millenium fell roughly 50,000 years ago -- enough time for its artifacts to wear away to nothing, and for it to become no more than a racial memory among the survivors on Earth. Sailor Pluto set her alarm to go off when the seals on the Dark Kingdom began to fail and the Senshi were drawn to reincarnation, and took a loong nap.

But in the interim, something unforeseen happened -- an extra-Solar force happened across the remnants of the Silver Millenium, scavenged what minor bits could be salvaged, and began making a meance of themselves... before being defeated and sealed by a Galactic peacekeeping force, which then went on about more pressing business, blissfully unaware that it had just left this primitive solar system with two ticking time bombs.

Which, of course, eventually detonated at about the same time.

Which is how the Sailor Senshi and the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers came to repeatedly collide with each other in Tokyo, and why we of the U.N. Security Council are gathered here today -- to arbitrate their jurisdictional dispute before the collateral damage becomes catastrophic.

The question with that is which galactic evil. Rita was sealed away by Zordon... but somewhere around 6 thousand years prior, a group of Power Rangers sealed away a galactic tyrant on earth and his tech could have been pillaged Silver Millenium stuff. That being Ivan Ooze. To say nothing of the whole list of sealed evils. Rita, Ooze, The Demons from Lightspeed Rescue, the Orgs from Wild Force, whatever they called the villains from Mystic Force... There's an awful lot of sealed evil in a can in the Power Rangers universe. In some ways, I think it's a scarier wider universe than even Sailor Moon. There's evil EVERYWHERE.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
Shining FINGER!" -Domon Kashuu, Mobile Fighter G Gundam

I think that's not so much "Sealed Evil In A Can" as "Sealed Evil In A Soda Machine"...
-- Bob
---------

Bob, that'd make a funny blurb for DSKS. And accurate, to boot. Wink

Feel free to abscond with it -- consider it my contribution to the genre.

Hell, I'll probably make an All The Tropes page for it.
-- Bob
---------

Heh-heh. Sealed Evil in a Soda Machine - for when your evil big bad is not only singular, but comes in a variety of flavors! What will your flavor of the day be? Wink

That should be a Trope.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote:ECSNorway wrote:
That should be a Trope.
http://allthetropes.orain.org/wiki/Tro ... da_Machine]It's on it's way there.
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Quote:ECSNorway wrote:
That should be a Trope.
It's on it's way there.
Apparently I'm not (yet) in the sub-group that can edit that page, but I would like to recommend the addition of Jackie Chan Adventures as an example.

----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

I'd be happy to, but more details, please, Deadpan?
-- Bob
---------