Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Fifth of WTF Images

Quote:Hazard wrote:
The only odd one out is Flash (I think that was his name, been a while), who gets superspeed in stead of 'on fire.' And it's still a great movie.
... Please tell me that's really a thing? I've my doubts, but please tell me it is so.
a) I believe the kid's name is Dashb) http://moviestvseries.com/series/404718 ... tokyo-2040(all I've been able to find really)

Re the Incredables... Dash was, in a way, the odd kid out. However, I would like to point out that
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Timote Wrote:b) http://moviestvseries.com/series/404718 ... tokyo-2040
(all I've been able to find really)
That's BGC2040, the remake anime.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

*shrug* It's the only thing I can find for 'Bubblegum Crisis 2016'.
so it appears they are remaking the remake.

Quote:Star Ranger4 wrote:
Re the Incredables... Dash was, in a way, the odd kid out. However, I would like to point out that Spoiler [+]
the baby Jack Jr, (aka JackJack) was shown to exhibit Human Torch like powers (as well as several others) in the short included with the DVD (which covered events happening to the poor babysitter during the main events of the movie)
Despite the amazing similarities between FF and the Incredibles, Brad Bird has gone on record as describing where each of the Incredibles got their powers (inspirationally), and it's not Marvel Comics.
1. Mr. Incredible is the father of the family. When Bird's wife was pregnant, family and friends told him, "You're going to be a father. You have to be strong." So, Mr. Incredible has super-strength.
2. Elastigirl is the mother. Mothers have to be flexible and resilient, as well as being able to go every which way when dealing with their children. Thus, Elastigirl has stretching.
3. Young boys are full of energy, unstoppable, and more than one mother has said that they disappear if you take their eyes off of them. Dash, a pre-teen boy, has superspeed.
4. Violet is a teenage girl, full of self-esteem issues. Ergo, invisibility to hide from the harsh critics of the high school cliques and force fields to protect her from the pain of the world. You'll notice that, as she grows more confident during the film, she starts using the force fields more often than the invisibility. (Her name is, of course, a reference to the term "a shrinking violet," a name used by a different superhero.
5. Jack-Jack is a baby. Babies are full of potential. His burst of different powers at the end of the film (and during the short that accompanied the DVD) are indicative of his untapped potential.

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

I don't know where the BGC poster comes from, but for years there's been rumors of a live-action film being made in Singapore.

However, I just checked with the Bubblegum Crisis Live Action Movie! group on Facebook. They came across this image back in July and concluded it was Fan Art, as it had no existence outside of people passing it around. Plus in the lower right corner of the image in very faint text is "Fanfic product. Please just enjoy. Deryl Braun".
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

[Image: Sean%20Conery.jpg][Image: poverty%20line.jpg][Image: cocaine.jpg][Image: Fools%20Gold%20Loaf.jpg][Image: phone%20tossing.png][Image: Duke%20of%20Wellington.jpg][Image: movie%20link.jpg][Image: cruise%20fact.jpg]
on FFN today, I kid you not.   Wonder how long it'll be before someone notices and fixes it?

[Image: 1983618415a598530cd07dd53fa5ae46583f5b3f.png]

[Image: campground%20joke.jpg][Image: burn_1.png][Image: 4th%20doctor.jpg][Image: American%20flag.jpg][Image: bottled%20up%20emotions.jpg][Image: 1438524144_funny-zombie-wedding-cake.jpg][Image: budget%20cuts%20cops.jpg][Image: budget%20cuts%20cops.jpg]

The local police department is having some fun with today's big pop-culture reference:

[Image: CR2hgxYWsAQPQpy.jpg]

(Source)
--
Rob Kelk

[Image: f7126271c4488a1d4ab29a98a699bb3a5d40021f.png]
Ebony the Black Dragon

[Image: tmloo150829.gif][Image: tas150915.gif][Image: MyDFoE3.jpg][Image: rl150904.gif][Image: tas150823.jpg][Image: crher150915.gif][Image: phd083115s.gif][Image: nq150905.gif]

[Image: Owl%20eyes.jpg][Image: orca%20vs%20shark.jpg][Image: french%20bee%20fun%20fact.png][Image: dog%20vs%20roomba.jpg][Image: dogs%20vs%20cats.jpg][Image: furry%20fart.jpg][Image: dog%20with%20glasses.jpg][Image: 3JUAIFP.png]
Recently discovered.  Nine-year-old Phoebe skipped a stone across a forest pond and accidentally hit a unicorn in the face.[Image: 120424%20Narcissist_zpsacskepne.jpg][Image: 120427%20BFF%20OMG_zpsxscsaeev.jpg]
[Image: 120511%20Lonely_zpswlpom5sb.jpg]

Unicorns use a magic called the Shield of Boringness as a kind of Somebody Else's Problem field.  Everyone can see that they're unicorns, but it's no big deal.  Then Phoebe's frenemy Dakota has to be shown what's behind the Shield:
[Image: 120719%20I%20Dont%20Wanna%20Know_zpsrssjc8do.jpg][Image: 120725%20FOREVER_zpsvdzqc6xe.jpg][Image: 120813%20Narcissist_zpscjke5gf4.jpg]
[Image: 120822%20Cute%20When%20Insecure_zpss1aoz7z1.jpg][Image: 120829%20Secret%20Weird%20People_zps8hq6qsxu.jpg][Image: 120909%20Hang%20On_zpsbjuvcvq4.jpg]

And all that was just within the first five months.  More recently, the "Power of Friendship" has been demonstrated surprisingly....
[Image: 151007%20Powerful%20Indeed_zpscw792ck5.jpg]
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Oh my GOD! It's like a girl's version of Calvin and Hobbes! Big Grin

Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
Oh my GOD! It's like a girl's version of Calvin and Hobbes! Big Grin
Well, it is by the maker of "Ozy and Millie," who I believe cited C&H as a major influence.  
Ebony the Black Dragon

[Image: Zombie%20T-Rex.jpg][Image: skeleton%20attack.jpg][Image: LotR%20pumpkin.jpg][Image: jehova%20witnesses%20halloween.jpg][Image: holloween%20costumes.jpg][Image: doggy%20death.png][Image: rl151016.gif][Image: 1439551458_Zombie.jpg]

Well, if we're sharing pumpkin photos...

Here are a few from Ottawa - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ha ... -1.3293778]more can be found here

[Image: CSh29UTWoAAO1Wr.jpg]
[Image: CSe2h91WsAABbrG.jpg]
[Image: CSe8fpxVAAAp9Wk.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

*waves hand* Death Star pumpkins are common.
Now, the hamburger and Dalek pumpkins are interedting...

What the well-dressed Native baseball fan is wearing...

[Image: caucasians-shirt.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

Fanart for Fallout 4's "What makes you SPECIAL" promos:

[Image: hURAgyx.gif]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

[Image: punny_1.jpg][Image: priorities.jpg][Image: mega%20punch.jpg][Image: no%20weapons.jpg][Image: middle-aged.jpg][Image: leslie%20Nielson%20joke.jpg][Image: how%20to%20deliver%20a%20baby.png][Image: palindromedary.jpg]
[Image: welch.jpg]
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

[Image: 2732-Willy-Coppens.jpg][Image: 2879-Harry-Patch.jpg][Image: keep%20calm%20nuke.png][Image: magazine.jpg][Image: explosive%20arrow.jpg][Image: keep%20calm%20artillery.jpg][Image: angry%20birds.jpg][Image: 405341829.jpg]

[img]http://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4E9Z9G3CwnpLS7klTJP-6GlH2PyJFr9bELvsmarKsqtglJwIVuA">[img]http://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKAeKck3BIDkcbaDBhogUZxGfqcfPQ3t0UUlnB5oUcgorUtOuQ">
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell