Posts: 2,409
Threads: 42
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
3
Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
09-28-2026, 04:35 PM
Previous thread started here and is, I think, over now.
To kick things off, Tales of Destiny (spin-off of Forge and Threads, which is to say, a side-dish to the other xianxia meat).
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/26470/...-destiny-9
Posts: 14,552
Threads: 191
Joined: Feb 2006
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
09-29-2026, 10:02 AM
Posts: 8,433
Threads: 67
Joined: Jun 2007
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
09-30-2026, 07:01 AM
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Posts: 2,646
Threads: 109
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
2
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
09-30-2026, 10:44 AM
Garden of Silk, Chapter 35, Salt and Iron
Traveling, talking, and not talking
Posts: 8,433
Threads: 67
Joined: Jun 2007
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
09-30-2026, 03:13 PM
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Posts: 2,409
Threads: 42
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
3
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
09-30-2026, 05:04 PM
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Joined: Aug 2026
Reputation:
0
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
09-30-2026, 05:17 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2026, 05:20 PM by AlmostRoarke2026.)
For those who may still be reading it, Careful Destiny Part Thirteen - "The First Taste of Freedom" has been posted to the website.
https://www.nabiki.com/sstalker/cdarchive.htm
AlmostRoarke2026
Husband and Father
Author: Careful Destiny
a Ranma 1/2 fanfic that was first written in the previous century ;)
Posts: 8,433
Threads: 67
Joined: Jun 2007
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
09-30-2026, 06:53 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2026, 07:46 PM by Shepherd.)
https://archiveofourown.org/works/918726.../249829751
Echoes of the End (Dreaming of Sunshine/FFXIV).
"Oh fuck, it really is a time loop," Artiti bemoaned forlornly.
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Posts: 14,552
Threads: 191
Joined: Feb 2006
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
10-01-2026, 12:57 AM
Posts: 2,715
Threads: 178
Joined: Apr 2008
Reputation:
3
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
10-01-2026, 01:17 AM
(09-30-2026, 06:53 PM)Shepherd Wrote: https://archiveofourown.org/works/918726.../249829751
Echoes of the End (Dreaming of Sunshine/FFXIV).
"Oh fuck, it really is a time loop," Artiti bemoaned forlornly.
Best. Sidequest. Ever.
Posts: 8,433
Threads: 67
Joined: Jun 2007
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
10-01-2026, 02:02 PM
https://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-34447-13...oses+5.htm
Cross Purposes 5 (A Brane of Extraordinary Women, Bionicverse).
https://archiveofourown.org/works/918726.../249946261
Echoes of the End (Dreaming of Sunshine/FFXIV).
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Posts: 8,433
Threads: 67
Joined: Jun 2007
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
10-02-2026, 07:24 AM
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Posts: 14,552
Threads: 191
Joined: Feb 2006
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
10-02-2026, 12:12 PM
Posts: 8,433
Threads: 67
Joined: Jun 2007
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
10-02-2026, 02:06 PM
https://archiveofourown.org/works/918726.../250169946
Echoes of the End (Dreaming of Sunshine/FFXIV).
https://archiveofourown.org/works/937406.../250173451
Hollywood by What Is Consensually Agreed Upon as Night (Mage the Ascension, part 5 of By Night and Moonlight).
The story of Dirk Mansworthy, Wizard Detective, and Poe, his talking dog best friend, solving mysteries and questing for supreme arcane godhood together!
Now, if only all his cases would stop being so damn weird all the time!
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Posts: 8,433
Threads: 67
Joined: Jun 2007
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
10-02-2026, 04:01 PM
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/...-125979455
The Girl Who Spun Through Time (Naruto, Hinata time travel fic).
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Posts: 2,409
Threads: 42
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
3
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
10-02-2026, 07:03 PM
Posts: 8,433
Threads: 67
Joined: Jun 2007
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
10-02-2026, 07:21 PM
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Posts: 8,433
Threads: 67
Joined: Jun 2007
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
10-03-2026, 03:09 PM
https://archiveofourown.org/works/918726.../250404801
Echoes of the End (Dreaming of Sunshine/FFXIV).
https://archiveofourown.org/works/937406.../250399896
Hollywood by What Is Consensually Agreed Upon as Night (Mage the Ascension).
https://archiveofourown.org/works/172927.../250446561
Locked In Digital (My Hero Academia, pre-UA Izuku is trapped in a murderous VR for months).
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Posts: 8,433
Threads: 67
Joined: Jun 2007
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
10-03-2026, 09:58 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2026, 10:01 PM by Shepherd.)
https://archiveofourown.org/works/918726.../250491656
Echoes of the End (Dreaming of Sunshine/FFXIV).
The Crystal Tower had become the heart of a ninja printing press and bookbinding workshop.
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Posts: 8,433
Threads: 67
Joined: Jun 2007
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
10-04-2026, 04:19 PM
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Posts: 2,409
Threads: 42
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
3
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
10-04-2026, 04:51 PM
Remember A Thing of Vikings (HTTYD/Brave/Mulan/the 11th century)? Well, guess what: it's back With A Strong Foundation! (CW: Mention of Childhood Illness)
The Genius Has No Clothes: An Alternate View Of Innovation, 1818, Wrote:Some economic analyses give Haddock excessive or even sole credit in curbing the rampant inflation that the adoption of dragon-scale currency caused in the European economy. These claims ignore that Haddock was not only not the one in charge of economic policy, he was nearly ignorant of it, so giving him credit for inadvertently solving a problem that he incidentally caused is an incredible reach of credulity.
The reality on the ground was much more prosaic; while there was massive inflation within the European economy (especially that of the NSE’s constituent parts) in the first few years, this inflation gave common people access to currency and the ability to invest in the means of production. By late 1043, small-scale industries that had never before existed were being founded all across Scandinavia, the Alban Isles, and, to a lesser extent, the continental realms. Consumer goods, ranging from clothing to tools to writing implements to books to construction materials and more, were all entering the market in unprecedented numbers, and the populace had the funds with which to buy them. And, as basic economic theory clearly explains, balancing the currency in circulation with the goods available for purchase is what keeps an economy from either succumbing to excessive inflation (from an oversupply of currency) or a deflationary cycle (from an oversupply of goods). So while Haddock deserves some credit for inventing a portion of the production tools which helped create the goods that balanced the economy, the bulk of the credit, as always, goes to the people who actually did the work, made the goods, and participated in society.
And I return! In less than two years! (by two days, but it still counts!)
So... the last two years have been more than a bit rough, emotionally, fiscally, socially, health, and politically speaking. I ended up losing the teaching job, because they overhired for the position, and I was the one who got cut. -_- Depression... well, that was a rough few months afterwards. And as for the rest... well, you all know what a shitshow the world is right now, so I won't belabor the point.
What does that mean for this fic? Well, I still plan on continuing it and working on my original writing (which is getting on three years on hiatus...), but for the moment, I'm switching to a fortnightly (every two weeks) schedule for the foreseeable future. We'll see how it goes from there. I currently have a pretty decent buffer, all things considered. So the next update will be Oct 18, 2026. And at the start of November, it'll be ten years since I started writing... and in April, it'll be ten years from when I started publishing (ack!). I'm looking forward to sharing it all with you.
With that said, I look forward to hearing the comments and reactions; I know that this was a more low-key chapter to return to, but there's some fun tidbits in there to discuss, and I'm eager to hear what your thoughts are on all of them.
Until next time!
https://archiveofourown.org/works/104089.../250439011
Posts: 8,433
Threads: 67
Joined: Jun 2007
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
10-04-2026, 06:19 PM
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/...-126033497
The Girl Who Spun Through Time (Naruto, Hinata time travel fic).
https://archiveofourown.org/works/918726.../250696381
Echoes of the End (Dreaming of Sunshine/FFXIV).
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Posts: 8,433
Threads: 67
Joined: Jun 2007
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
10-05-2026, 12:06 AM
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Posts: 2,704
Threads: 119
Joined: Aug 2003
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
10-05-2026, 01:30 AM
Posts: 8,433
Threads: 67
Joined: Jun 2007
Reputation:
1
RE: Fic Update Thread 64: Will you still need me, will you still read me?
10-05-2026, 11:45 AM
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
|