Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 Check-in Thread
RE: COVID-19 Check-in Thread
Still doing well.
Today is my potential half way point (12-1/2 weeks out of 25 weeks).
Still here.
If you're going to send someone to save the world, you might make sure they like it the way it is first.
Sorry about the delay.  Still here, still going into the office.
Looks like I forgot to check in earlier this week, so consider this my notice. I'm still here, had to teach my mom how to use Zoom.
Still breathing. Still working.

Fuckall to say really.

The lockdown is ending here. The fucking traffic is back. Everyone I know used the last 12 weeks to become a better person. I didn't.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
... are you sure that's actually true, Dartz? or are they just blowing gas???
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
I am still doing well. My employer has declared Juneteenth a work holiday to use as a day of reflection.
They're easing up the lockdown a little more this week, bars can start having people, albeit at a reduced capacity even compared to what restaurants are getting. We're starting to have friends over. Saturday was the largest with three people (friend is selling his house, him, the realtor and the realtor's daughter, all came over), but we're preferring it in singles. We'll be doing next weekend as "no one over" so I can get a couple of things done around the house and to reduce our "must contact" list if COVID hits us.

My husband is still hunting for a job. Getting interviews, but dealing with the problem that people are doing it for hiring in a month or so as they see how things are reopening, so he's got to keep hunting even if one of them is actually going to hire him when that time comes.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Still alive.

Since it's been mentioned a couple of times in this thread that some people are looking for work... Shopify is hiring for telework, and not just IT people. Don't know whether anybody outside of Canada can use that, but the company is multinational now.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
*sigh* Still alive. was hit by some script kiddie an hour or so ago who tried to scare me into being extorted. I'd be more depressed, but...

Is it wrong that I think people like that DESERVE to die??? Only thing not keeping me awake (at night) is it is already daylight here!?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Present. Vancouver Westend felt semi-normal on the grocery run done an hour ago.
I still function. Franklin County Democratic Committee met via Zoom last night. BILLIONAIRE TOM WOLF says the county's going to green status on Friday. If her preferred restaurant be serving by the following Wednesday, we'll be going there for my mom's birthday (and belated Father's Day). At some point, I'm going to get the haircut I've needed since at least March. (Last time I let it go unshorn for so long was August 1988 to April 1989, at the end of which I had a forelock I could've clipped a headset mic to -- like Mike Score did in the video for "Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You)" -- or incorporated into Captain Harlock cosplay.)
There was, for some reason, a duplicate post here. IT'S GONE NOW.
No change in status.
-----
Big Brother is watching you ... and damn, you are so bloody BORING.
New Jersey is slowly opening up again. Monday things like barber hops and salons will reopen, and even though I expect the place to be booked solid I'm still going to try to get a slot -- I last wore my hair long in college and it no longer looks good on me by any measure.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I'm pretty sure it was before the turn of the millennium that I last had someone else cut my hair... it never seemed too difficult. I mean, I'm not claiming to be a fashion plate, but keeping it short and even enough not to turn into a patch of crab grass at least. I know not everyone has the same amount of physical coordination, but I also know I'm no savant there myself, so it's always baffled me how that's a thing that causes problems.
--
‎noli esse culus
Here in Minnesota it is opening up. TP is staying stocked in the stores, but facial tissue and liquid hand soap seem to be selling out really quickly.
"Some people are the apple of your eye. Others are just a pie in your face. Apples, maaan. Stick with them." -- Pascal (Animal Crossing: New Horizons)
Working my butt off over here because people are like, "Pandemic? What's that?"

Depression and anxiety have been hitting pretty hard lately. Probably revenge for actually doing okay for once - I managed to pay my bills on time, and now all there's left is to sock money away for the next round.
(06-17-2020, 08:40 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: ... I know not everyone has the same amount of physical coordination ...

Yeah. I can't paint miniatures any more, and I'm not about to bring sharp objects up to my head now.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(06-17-2020, 02:10 PM)Jenova_Silverstar Wrote: Here in Minnesota it is opening up. TP is staying stocked in the stores, but facial tissue and liquid hand soap seem to be selling out really quickly.

Around here bleach of any kind, even Clorox 2 and other non-chlorine bleaches, are in short supply.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Wednesday check-in time.  Still here, still going into the office.
Still here.
If you're going to send someone to save the world, you might make sure they like it the way it is first.
Rob, you okay out there? Just saw the news about the shooting in Toronto.
I'm okay - I'm in Ottawa, about 5 hours away from the shooting.

\The worst I have to deal with is the news that a good restaurant isn't going to get through the lockdown. (41 years old, in a market where the average age of a restaurant is less than one-tenth that.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Yeah, we're waiting for the news here from at least one restaurant that we like going under because of the pandemic. There's one we like that's closing this coming January, but that's not actually caused by the pandemic, although it didn't help matters.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor