Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teenage Genin Ninja Heroes - Chapter 3
Re: Teenage Genin Ninja Heroes - Chapter 3
Quote:
Horaay! And, I have to say I like the new-to-us Hyuuga scene - Go Hinata! Don't take theur shit! Asking for another fight with Neji may not be the wisest way to go about it, though, I fear.
The thing is, though, that she's not -asking-. Which is a good thing, because if she did then they'd tell her where to get off. She's challenging Neji because, well, one of the ways people would demand an honor duel in old Europe/America - even up to the early-mid nineteenth century - would be to say "I demand satisfaction, sir!"
And once they'd gone out and done the duel and everything, honor had been satisfied and there was no more that -either- party could say on the matter.
And if her honor has been satisfied, then there's nothing the old buzzards can do to him - which is, of course, the entire point.
Hm. I'll probably have to expand that scene a little, to set up a couple things that really wouldn't make much sense to go over at the next place I plan to pick this thread up... See, one of the ways this case differs from the classic model is that if she -loses-, he's still subject to clan law on the incident - so the old men are going to rig it as best they can.
And, of course, there's the fact that allowing a member of the Branch House to fight back against someone from the Main, under -any- circumstances, Absolutely Not To Be Permitted.
So, given their prejudices about the Main and Branch houses, Hinata's past performance, and the condition that the person they swap in for Neji has to be within at least spitting distance of being his equal (ie, not a Jounin), who do you think they're going to pick?
Ja, -n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Messages In This Thread
Re: Teenage Genin Ninja Heroes - Chapter 3 - by Valles - 10-27-2005, 06:18 PM
TGNH Ch. 4 - by Valles - 11-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Re: TGNH Ch. 4 - by ClassicDrogn - 11-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Re: TGNH Ch. 4 - by Valles - 11-13-2005, 12:20 AM