Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having finished HP & the Half-Blood Prince
Re: Having finished HP & the Half-Blood Prince
He outright says that a hand for 1/7th of Voldie's life force seems a fair trade near the end there. I figured it was backlash from the act of breaking the stone.
I'd like to note that the apparent contention that souls are NOT infinite is one of the thngs I dislike about the book, as well... and there's some dodgy math involved too. If creating a horcrux rips one's finite soul in half, then after making six Voldielocks is down to 1/64th of a soul, and fully half of it was disposed of with the diary. If only a fragment is torn off, each one could be 1% or less, not an even seventh.
The finite/infinite souls thing may sound a bit hypocritical coming from me, when I have written an assasin buma as havng 'less soul than an animal' and hence being utterly rigid in following its programming, without sembalnce of a conscience, and not worth angsting over killing, but that is more properly referring to the type, or strength, or soul involved - somehow cutting off a piece would give you two souls, equal in all ways to the original once they stabilised again and connected to the same fate like two cherries. CF Kami Piccolo/Piccolo Dai Ma Oh. The guilt or lack thereof over killing, well, that's for the character in question to decide.
As for spoilers... I don't think anyone who wants to avoid being spoiled is going to be reading a thread with this title, and if they are they should have known better.
- CD
What, you think Samuel L. Jackson isn't going to survive the zombie apocalypse?

SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Messages In This Thread
Re: Having finished HP & the Half-Blood Prince - by Kokuten - 09-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Re: Having finished HP & the Half-Blood Prince - by Angryoptimist - 09-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Re: Having finished HP & the Half-Blood Prince - by Custos Sophiae - 09-13-2005, 12:42 AM
Re: Having finished HP & the Half-Blood Prince - by WengFook - 09-15-2005, 08:52 AM
Re: Having finished HP & the Half-Blood Prince - by ClassicDrogn - 09-15-2005, 04:48 PM
Re: Having finished HP & the Half-Blood Prince - by WengFook - 09-16-2005, 05:54 AM