Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Log Horizon Fanfic Sanctioned by Author

*Nods* Which means that any and all Log Horizon fanfic is really part of a large and highly disorganized collaborative writing project.

Personally... I think that is pretty damn cool.

I'm gonna have to learn more about MMORPG's so I can go ahead and write my own. The Author has already hinted that different regions of Half-Gaia would have different classes for players.... And I'm pretty sure that also means different tech trees.

Part of what I would like to do for a fic is to include a bit of American Frontier in the fantasy setting - the idea being that it was felt that this would appeal to American players a lot more than anyone else (like how in the Japanese servers Shinto Priests and Samurai Tanks are likely exclusives). And on that note...
Quote:Quoted from Wikipedia:
The American Longrifle, more commonly, but less correctly, known as the 'Kentucky rifle', was described by Captain John G. W. Dillin in the dedication to his seminal 1924 book, The Kentucky Rifle:
From a flat bar of soft iron, hand forged into a gun barrel; laboriously bored and rifled with crude tools; fitted with a stock hewn from a maple tree in the neighboring forest; and supplied with a lock hammered to shape on the anvil; an unknown smith, in a shop long since silent, fashioned a rifle which changed the whole course of world history; made possible the settlement of a continent; and ultimately freed our country of foreign domination.

Light in weight; graceful in line; economical in consumption of powder and lead; fatally precise; distinctly American; it sprang into immediate popularity; and for a hundred years was a model often slightly varied but never radically changed.
The idea here is interesting. A longrifle, at the time of its invention, was a shockingly accurate weapon at long range (200-500 yards). The trade-off, however, is that it takes an inordinately long time to reload, so you'd better be sure to hit what you're aiming for. This can translate into an attack with an insane amount of damaged dealt, a relatively normal casting time, and an incredibly long cool-down time - which would mean that it's only useful once, maybe twice, in most combats. And it can only be used by Assassins or anyone with the Tracker Subclass.

Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 04-19-2014, 09:11 PM
[No subject] - by drakensis - 04-20-2014, 08:32 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 04-20-2014, 07:46 PM
[No subject] - by Necratoid - 04-21-2014, 05:34 AM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 04-21-2014, 06:58 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 04-21-2014, 10:26 AM
[No subject] - by s3yang - 04-21-2014, 06:51 PM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 04-24-2014, 05:20 PM
[No subject] - by ECSNorway - 04-24-2014, 06:41 PM