Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Log Horizon Fanfic Sanctioned by Author

Quote:blackaeronaut wrote:
CD: I think from what we've seen in Log Horizon there is a limit on what you can carry for weapons... it really depends on the type. We see Akatsuki regularly carrying many kunai... however, she only has one sword equipped at any given time. Same with Naogetsu - just his sword and his shield. Sarasa the Druid only has her Oak Staff.  And so on, and so forth.  The only exception seems to be the Swashbuckler class, which is the only class capable of dual-wielding (this is stated so by Shiroe in the anime). The have great speed and dexterity, but take massive hits in their defense and mana stats.
Enh. unless there's specific mechanics mentioned by the author I wouldn't really assume this. I've played a number of mmorpgs, and in plenty of them - there's just no real _call_ to be swapping out weapons all the time. But that doesn't mean that you couldn't carry a bunch of them in your inventory. And technically what CD is referring to is more like an... auxiliary weapon slot. Note also that because this is a MMO, 'multiple rifles' might actually be a single 'item'. So functionally, you'd have a single item with 3 'charges' but the in game appearance would be a set of 3 muskets/pistols/rifles what-evers.
Basically, I see multiple ways in which something like that could be implemented without impinging on what's already been shown.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 04-19-2014, 09:11 PM
[No subject] - by drakensis - 04-20-2014, 08:32 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 04-20-2014, 07:46 PM
[No subject] - by Necratoid - 04-21-2014, 05:34 AM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 04-21-2014, 06:58 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 04-21-2014, 10:26 AM
[No subject] - by s3yang - 04-21-2014, 06:51 PM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 04-24-2014, 05:20 PM
[No subject] - by ECSNorway - 04-24-2014, 06:41 PM