Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from Surf City...

Huh! News to me, but then I only lived directly in that area for about 6 months. (353 Lee St in Santa Cruz if you're curious)

I just checked out Google earth out of curiosity. And unless the pictures are too far behind reality, looks like many of my favorite spots in the area
haven't changed. Boardwalk and the arcade are still there. Theater on Pacific is still there. (Watched Terminator II Judgment day there.)

There was a used bookstore that I used to like a lot. Logos, I think it was. Their old place got destroyed in the Loma Priata earthquake and they were working
out of an old warehouse near some railroad tracks when I was there. I know they're no longer there and moved into some fancy new building. But I
wouldn't know where to look for it.

Google Earth is fantastic. There's lots of pics linked in. And I was having a ball looking at pics of the seashore and all. That was really my favorite
aspect of the place - I used to go down to the cliffs and just listen to the surf roll in. Even later when I moved to San Jose, I used to come back
occasionally.

Messages In This Thread
Greetings from Surf City... - by Bob Schroeck - 07-21-2009, 10:20 PM
[No subject] - by Evil Midnight Lurker - 07-21-2009, 11:37 PM
[No subject] - by Logan Darklighter - 07-22-2009, 06:29 AM
[No subject] - by Evil Midnight Lurker - 07-22-2009, 09:14 AM
[No subject] - by Logan Darklighter - 07-22-2009, 04:31 PM
[No subject] - by Evil Midnight Lurker - 07-22-2009, 06:33 PM
[No subject] - by Logan Darklighter - 07-22-2009, 07:37 PM