Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RFC] Going beyond simply filing off the serial numbers?
RE: [RFC] Going beyond simply filing off the serial numbers?
My only suggestion would be to change the UN guys to the Paranormal and Alien International Research and Investigation Taskforce, aka PAIRIT(ee) since it's specifically about making sure both eastern and western blocs are defended from nightbumpers and get the benefit of the crashed ship's technology. You could make it Research, Investigation, and Defense Taskforce (PAIRID-T) without significantly affecting the sound of the acronym, or add an I- or E-something to the end instead of Taskforce if you can think of one. Those also lend themselves to being called "PARODY" by people critical of the effectiveness of its operations, too.

I was kind of hoping for some nonhostile Neuroi rather than the Oni Empire for currently-active aliens, but they might actually fall under the presumed heading of supernatural critters if it's just the ones that have been on an extended recon mission for the past few thousand years. If a mystically-enhanced WWII was already in progress with actual gods popping up to wreck some face the invasion hives might have decided to NOPE on past or just raid the Asteroid Belt or Saturn/Jupiter ring and moon systems, 'cause ain't nobody wants to deal with that.

That does potentially complicate your galactic situation even more depending on how you actually want to set it up, though there's no reason they have to be a major galactic player just because they might have been big trouble on a pre-space backwater like Earth. Having them be the truth behind the svartalfar of Norse legend and maybe the titans of Greco-Roman myth (after the "mysterious monsters rampaging" early days) could still be a cool way to integrate the concept. I mean, the bumpies have to come from somewhere, why shouldn't they have their share of extraterrestrials too?

edit:
With powerful magical girls appearing, you also have to include managing the MOE-gap (Magical Operative, Enhanced) in your treaty negotiations, possibly including shuffling some of them around to maintain acceptable balance of power since they can't exactly be turned out in factories. The cute new exchange student may well be there on a diplomatic visa... and diplomatic immunity could be a handy legal dodge to protect these valuable strategic counter-supernatural assets from trouble with the local authorites who have to deal with their quirks and possible collateral damage, come to think of it.

But mainly I'm just smirking at the idea of summit talks over the MOE-gap, not gonna lie.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RFC] Going beyond simply filing off the serial numbers? - by classicdrogn - 07-09-2018, 06:42 AM