Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
I always kinda felt like Jurai was playing the role of a sort of regent until Earth was able to stand on its own.

As for arable land.... Well, if you grab enough of the land surrounding Bexar County, then having sufficient farm land shouldn't be an issue. While the soil here isn't incredibly fertile, it was still a shallow sea bed for some time a while back, and that makes it good for a number of things.

Go out far enough and you'll get all the important parts of the Edwards Aquifer - such as the recharge zone that has all the major sinkholes that feed massive rainfall runoffs directly into the aquifer. (And I do mean 'massive' here, like tens-of-thousands of gallons per minute massive.) If you get that, then to preserve the aquifer's filtration action you can pump the water that's been treated at treatment plants up to the recharge zone and into a suitable sinkhole so the aquifer can finish the purification process with its natural biofiltering action.

Hrm.... A bubble that size would definitely mean that you'd have your very own weather patterns. Meteorology would become a field of incredible importance, especially if you could control the light transparency of the bubbles to control how much solar energy the air is absorbing. A well trained meteorologist can tell you exactly how to vary the light levels to get the best effects. And since the bubbles are respectively smaller than Earth, there's fewer variables to keep track of, so I would imagine that it would be more predictable...

Though we probably wouldn't get thunderstorms anymore. Sad Pity.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths - by Black Aeronaut - 07-20-2018, 09:53 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 11-01-2016, 09:24 PM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-02-2016, 02:00 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-03-2016, 06:38 AM