Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion Over Rules
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
I'd lean toward GURPS, myself, and not just because SJG has been known to give me money.

V&V, even in its newest release, would require too much tweaking and massaging of power definitions to fit some of the characters -- for example, neither the electrical nor magnetic powers allow for something like Railgun's signature ability. It also links many/most/all powers' strength/range/etc. to attribute levels, which makes it impossible to create a physically/mentally average person with a world-class talent.

A point-based system with some flexibility would make it easier to model the more unusual powers, so either Champions/Hero or GURPS, and GURPS is designed with both the real world and compatibility with other systems in mind. And its 4th edition is finally broad enough to build Doug.

Mind you, this is skewed by the fact that I don't know BESM, Cortex or Genesys, and I haven't yet read the PDFs I downloaded about Oddity High.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
Discussion Over Rules - by Labster - 11-28-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: [OOC][Info] Discussion Over Rules - by Rajvik - 08-11-2018, 09:52 PM
RE: [OOC][Info] Discussion Over Rules - by Rajvik - 08-12-2018, 07:41 AM
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths - by Bob Schroeck - 08-09-2018, 07:29 AM