Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion Over Rules
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
I can't believe all of this planning on dungeon crawls is the result of a throwaway joke of mine.  I guess the idea of Dirty Pair came from a joke, too, so the muses work in mysterious ways.  I've never played GURPS so I'd be curious what a build for Sakura Kinomoto would even look like.  Shaoran would be much more straightforward, and everyone else is basically a crunchy.

At the time I was thinking about the fact that I was going to run a D&D session for my characters to play in.  The objective for the game is actually to help train Sakura, as RPGs teach all sorts of precious life lessons like "rely on your comrades" and "don't forget to look up".  With the second goal of having fun for everyone, of course.
  • Sakura - wizardish (something with low spells/day, high flexibility?)
  • Shaoran - Fighter
  • Tomoyo - Cleric
  • Osaka - Gnome Diviner
  • Tomo - Thief (Fujiko expy)
  • Kaori - Paladin
  • Possibly added later: Hjørdis and Uffe (from Rita, because let's throw in Danish TV too)
The story on Osaka's character is that I once had a GMPC in an Eberron campaign called Sonrisa d'Sivis.  Since my players were mostly minmaxers, I went for a suboptimal build to keep her out of their way: a gnome diviner, wasting a feat to get the magical notary ability of House Sivis.  But the character concept was Luna Lovegood plus Osaka.  Read in-universe fantasy books, comes up with wacky theories from divination, very few of which were 100% true.  She had a little Audrey Horne thrown in too, since the plot was loosely based on Twin Peaks, as she was more willing to take risks for justice than you'd expect from someone like her.  The players caught the Luna reference right away, but missed the other part as they had never seen Azumanga Daioh.  But they learned to keep her away from large knives anyway. Big Grin

OK technically I have played GURPS once but I managed to critically derail a Discworld game during the first session, lol.  So I don't remember all that much.

Do we have any kind of timeframe for when Act 2 actually begins?  I'd at least like to get my hatsuyume segment in before shit starts hitting the fan, so that would be January 1.  Always a good time for prophetic dreams.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
Discussion Over Rules - by Labster - 11-28-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: [OOC][Info] Discussion Over Rules - by Rajvik - 08-11-2018, 09:52 PM
RE: [OOC][Info] Discussion Over Rules - by Rajvik - 08-12-2018, 07:41 AM
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths - by Labster - 08-11-2018, 05:23 PM