Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A line I could never write a story to do justice to
RE: A line I could never write a story to do justice to
Actually, Bob has already announced a Step for which, in my considered opinion, this line would be perfect:

The Borribles.

Michael de Larrabeiti, of honored memory, Wrote:We are the Wendles of Wandsworth town!
We're always up and the others are down!
We're rough and we're tough and we don't give a damn!
We are the elite of the Borrible clan!
Reach for your Rumble-sticks! Try all your dirty tricks!
Nothing can beat us and none shall defeat us!
Say a wrong word and we'll hammer you down!
We are the Wendles of Wandsworth town!

That's from the muck epic's beginning, the tale of the Great Rumble Hunt, as is "River, River" (sung by, I believe, Orococco as The Silver Belle Flower begins its journey). The Borribles Go for Broke has at least two songs -- old Benny's ode to the boozing life (whose opening lines are escaping me) and Inspector Sussworth's "There's Law and Order in My Blood" (to whose onset one of the Rumble Hunt crew reacts "Blimey, he's actually going to sing..."). The head of the SBG gets another gleefully extra villain song in Across the Dark Metropolis, in which he lays out his plans for "Operation Catsmeat" (a general massacree of every Borrible whose ears he can't trim and probably some he can):

Quote:It's a catsmeat operation
With a limited objective
Oh, I'd like to tin the nation
But for now we'll be selective.
(...)
Every dissident defaulter
Be he Borrible or not
I shall apprehend and alter
I'll make catsmeat of the lot!

Sadly, my copies of the trilogy are currently buried in the inaccessible part of the Loomis household library, behind boxes we've not unpacked in years, but with our upcoming move to smaller quarters, they'll be uncovered before too long.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A line I could never write a story to do justice to - by Mamorien - 11-02-2018, 08:49 PM