Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Given my tastes, which web comics should I be reading?
Given my tastes, which web comics should I be reading?
I've been pruning my selection of which web comics I read on a regular basis, taking titles off my "check periodically" lists for various reasons (not updating often enough for me to remember the story, humour comics that I just don't find humourous any more, the strip's creator has decided to focus on other projects, the writer's using the strip for Author Tracts instead of putting the messages into the story, etc.)

Which of course means I have time to read other comics.

What's good nowadays? Please give me one or two suggestions, keeping in mind the reasons why I dropped strips in the first place.

As to what I'm still reading: On the web-first side, xkcd, Sluggy Freelance, GPF, PvP (although that's getting close to "not funny any more"), Girl Genius, Kevin & Kell, Bug Martini, Grrl Power, Freefall, Darths & Droids, Friendship is Dragons, Wrong Hands, Order of the Stick, Sequential Art, and (of course) Erma. (I would have included Kiwi Blitz, but it's on hiatus.) In the legacy media, Dilbert (getting very close to "not funny any more") and Heart of the City (which I'm liking the recent revamp of).

And the long-timers here know what I like in other media.

Oh, yes: I really can't stand Penny Arcade, and I find SMBC to be hit-or-miss.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
Given my tastes, which web comics should I be reading? - by robkelk - 11-26-2018, 10:09 PM