Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC] Random generation of esper abilities
[OOC] Random generation of esper abilities
Lightbulb 
I just had a thought (after seeing some of the discussion of Doug Sangnoir's powers over in the Drunkards Walk forums) - esper powers are pretty much superpowers. And it's rare that somebody gets to choose his or her own superpowers.

So... Does anybody want to take a chance on a random powerset? Epsilon lent me his copy of Villains and Vigilantes a while back, I've still got it, and it has rules for random powers generation. I'll ignore the "powers from gadgets", "powers from training", and "weaknesses" rules and just go with the innate-powers rules.

If you have D&D dice, you can use those for generating the random numbers. If not, well, random.org is a perfectly good source of random numbers.

The process:
  1. Roll a d6 (or tell random.org to give you a number between 1 and 6). Add 2 to the result.
  2. Roll that many d100 (or tell random.org to give you that many numbers between 1 and 100).
  3. I'll consult the random powers table and see what the numbers correspond to.
  4. If a power needs rolls on subtables, I'll tell you what numbers are needed.
  5. I'll tell you what the random results came up with, and you get to drop two of the results and make the rest work together.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
[OOC] Random generation of esper abilities - by robkelk - 01-26-2019, 11:04 PM