Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
Depends on the wish.  "Can be" indeed.

For Ben, it's not really a second shot at childhood - for that he needs to have 'parents' be involved, but with him retaining all his prior knowledge, parents are superfluous.  However, it's a solid shot at correcting his physical, mental, and educational development.  He'll be taller than I am because he's definitely going to be eating better.

As for parental units...  An interesting quandary.  Well, as Garrick told Boddole Zer, in a human being's second decade, a parent's role in a child's life tends to shift from active care to guidance and support.  

I am uncertain as to the existence of the parents of Sayaka Miki and Akemi Homura.  Homura, I strongly suspect, is an orphan, though Sayaka is likely not.  If anyone knows otherwise, please say so.

So, educational setting...

I'm imagining that they set up a special school - something like a crazy mish-mash of Mahora Academy and the huntsman academies of Remnant - a full-blown 'elevator school' that teaches not only academics, but combat as well.  And we don't just mean one-on-one combat.  We're also talking about strategy and tactics whether it's a small squad or entire armies.  This place is for frontline fighters as well as future officers.  And because it's being taught at all levels, this gives it an advantage over military academies in that more leisurely or vocational pursuits can be taught as well.  It would produce warriors, soldiers, and officers that are much more well-rounded and capable.

It can be set in the old base-housing complex of what used to be Kelly Air Force Base.  I actually used to live there when I was a kid, and now...  Yeesh.  Place is like a ghost town.  But it has more than enough nice little townhouse units for it to become a boarding school to rival Mahora.

(I remember this place pretty well as I had a 'pet spider' there - a large orb weaver spider that lived outside my bedroom window where she remained undisturbed as my room was on the second floor.  My mom seemed oddly fond of it, but then, she was the type of girl to go turning over rocks in the winter time to look for hibernating scorpions.)

Think Optimus Prime would like to be the headmaster?  Hell, you can stick all of the Autobots out here - this used to be one of the USAF's biggest bases!

Anyhow, Ben's primary pursuits will be, of course, mathematics and engineering, maybe a little side-trip into chaos theory.  The Punisher could be his big college project - to prove that a combat capable spacecraft can be built and operate entirely on analogue controls.  Conservative technology FTW, yo.  Wink

I'll have to do a bit more research to figure out where everyone else's fields of study are going to be.  I suspect that Homura's might be something like temporal mechanics so she can get a better handle on how her time manipulation abilities work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths - by Black Aeronaut - 03-13-2019, 04:20 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 11-01-2016, 09:24 PM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-02-2016, 02:00 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-03-2016, 06:38 AM