Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIV
(10-15-2019, 01:34 PM)LulzKiller Wrote: Was the person who Geth blocked one of the sockpuppets that Doc was talking about?

Yes. caught them adding a similar page to ATT Wikia under a different name, but same basic idea of abusing the Blog userspace to do so.

Also, speaking of Doc, I have to reveal something.

I have decided to put our "go ahead and fork our community so long as you obey proper licensing rules" encouragement to the test. Therefore, Doc plans to use a clone of our Wikia branch and that dump I made of ATT's CM pages as a base for their own ATT spinoff on Wikia, essentially their version of us with blackjack and hookers.

Honestly, I can't complain they want to do this at all. Unlike those other idiots I reported a few posts back, they will be following copyright law in every relevant regard, and I've gone on record there need to be more (legal) alternatives to TV Tropes. Besides, as an open-source fanboy, this strikes me as a good way to let the disaffected do what they want without troubling us.

I have warned Doc they will likely have to put up with all the hassles this trope has brought us, and I intend to redirect everyone who might try to hassle us to Doc's little fork to have their fun. He's informed me he's fully prepared to deal with the hassle, and I wish him the best, I just don't want to deal with it in my backyard anymore.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIV - by GethN7 - 10-15-2019, 04:28 PM