Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIV
(10-17-2019, 07:23 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 07:14 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: EDIT:  Plus hiding videos away on their own page kind of also hides one of the things we can do that TVT can't.  Why not embed video right on the main pages?
Well, if the video is so big that it would hide the article text, or if we already had an image on the page...

While typing that, I realized that "thumb" should work on videos just as well as it works on still images. Does it? (I have to head out right now, so I can't experiment.) If it does, then "so big that it would hide the article text" isn't a concern.

According to the man page for TimedMediaHandler, the "thumb" parm will "Show a video in a floating thumbnail box".  No indication of the size.  There's also "thumbtime=1:25", which will "Use a frame from 1 minute 25 seconds into the video as the placeholder image."
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIV - by Bob Schroeck - 10-17-2019, 07:30 AM