Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A potato is me/cheap user experience upgrades
RE: A potato is me
Half the parts arrived yesterday, enough to tell that the Gateway case I had wanted and planned to use to build in will not work. Most of the rest arrive tomorrow, enough to assemble them lose for a bench test and then spend a week having fits while I wait for the new case to arrive. (It would be fine, except the front panel design and wiing are such that I can't cut more ventilation into it the way I need to for a system with approximately ten times the Total Dissipated Power to remove as heat - the P4 had a 60mm fan on top of its cute little heatsink, but that's the only fan in the case and even the perforations where you could mount aftrmarket ones fore and aft were only 80mm. I'd ordered one of those to work together with the power supply fan (which the stock 200w didn't even have) for the back and planned to cut the front spot up to 120mm for an intake fan, but the wiring is in the way and the plastic front bezel that holds the power button is a lot less amenable to being trimmed down to not obstruct that area even if the metal was gone than I'd thought from looking at it without disassembling everything.

This too is Malsumis.

I'm not going to rule out assembling the key components in that case and zip-tying the fans in position to blow on them with the side off though. I'm already really annoyed with the limitations of being a potato.
--
‎noli esse culus

Messages In This Thread
RE: A potato is me - by Jinx999 - 04-08-2020, 02:41 AM
RE: A potato is me - by classicdrogn - 04-08-2020, 05:22 AM
RE: A potato is me - by classicdrogn - 04-10-2020, 06:05 PM
RE: A potato is me - by classicdrogn - 04-12-2020, 12:02 AM