Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 & US healthcare system - thread relapse
RE: COVID-19 & US healthcare system - thread relapse
(05-01-2020, 03:25 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 10:21 PM)Labster Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 11:23 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Really, when you look at this administration - everything they've been doing since eight o'clock day one - it's been the perfect storm version of "How Not To Run Your Federalist Country".

So, Darwinian Federalism continues in America.  To be fair, the feds really need those tests:

Capitol physician says Senate lacks capacity to test all 100 senators for COVID-19.  The Senate goes back into session on Monday.  I guess in some ways it's nice to see that the elite are fucked in America just like everyone else.  Unfortunately everyone else has it worse.

Yeah, my mom was just telling me about this over dinner.  It's sad that it's come to this, but I think that this is exactly what Trump likes to see - everyone at each other's throats so he thinks he can get away with what he's doing.

(04-30-2020, 10:21 PM)Labster Wrote: ( @BA: Technically it was noon o'clock day one (eleven central) )

Pffft.

Touche.

Nothing could be more corrosive to the base rule of law

A Government that seems to be providing disaster relief based upon which states are more likely to support it.
If it bothers to at all.
Local government that's now going to war with central government.
And then central government trying to insist local governments go bankrupt instead of default - probably because a defaulting government can choose who it pays, while a bankrupt one has that chosen by a judge.

People still support this shit and think it's a great idea.

Never in history has one government been such a collective clusterfuck. It's utterly boggling.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: COVID-19 & US healthcare system - thread relapse - by Dartz - 05-01-2020, 12:59 PM