Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Tablet Recommendations
Looking for Tablet Recommendations
Some of you might recall that for many years we had a really nice ASUS Android tablet with a detachable keyboard that cost us surprisingly little (something like US$100 for the tablet itself and another $50 or so for the keyboard, which also had a second battery in it).  What I don't think I ever mentioned was that it started spazzing out on us a year or two back, and we ended up buying a similarly-priced and slightly smaller RCA tablet which also has a detachable keyboard (IIRC because the ASUS wasn't available any more?  I'll have to check now).

Anyway, the RCA gave us considerably less for our money than the ASUS.  I've been coping for a year or so now with what turned out to be not just a smaller screen but a lower-resolution one.  But last night Peggy used it for Skype for the first time, and we learned that the screen is even worse for video calls, and the camera in it is just as bad.

So we're in the market for a new tablet -- or maybe a new laptop.  Laptops I've already got a handle on, but can anyone offer any recommendations on tablets?  Largish display, high res and equally high res camera, detachable keyboard either standard or as an option?

Thanks!
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
Looking for Tablet Recommendations - by Bob Schroeck - 05-01-2020, 03:58 PM