Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN Reporter arrested by state police while on air.
RE: CNN Reporter arrested by state police while on air.
Dartz
I think there is a way to freeze Trump's personal assetts in the State if it comes to that. Nationalise Doonbeg, use it as a coronavirus isolation hospital or something. Hit him in his pocket, because he doesn't care about anything that isn't a personal consequence.

Won't happen while he's still in power, perhaps unless he's already been voted out and we're waiting for January.

(06-02-2020, 04:27 PM)Labster Wrote: Also having played Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, I'm not all that terrified of the UN government.  It's always Miriam and her nutbags that screw up my plans.  Which seems pretty familiar.  (Although one time I was playing Dierdre and I had a pact of sisterhood with Miriam for the whole game, it was pretty awesome.  And we conquered Planet together for Christendom and Centauri neopaganism Tongue )

Not just you. I've played the hell out of Alpha Centauri, and the Believers are the biggest pain in the ass. Even bigger than the Spartans, who are pretty chill so long as you've got a big enough military. Lal and the Peacekeepers? As long as you aren't an asshole you can get along with him.

Mostly played Stepdaughters or University though, which meant that either I was taking over the planet with large amounts of overpowered psionic fauna (turns out, unless your enemies have Morale boosting stuff going psionic units are terrifying), helped by high planet scores getting you large numbers of fauna for free, or through sheer technological advantage.

(06-02-2020, 04:57 PM)robkelk Wrote: I wasn't joking.

And what uninformed paranoids or misinformed paranoids do should have no bearing on anybody else's actions, except to protect ourselves from the paranoids.

Try Europe. I won't say we're perfect, but we generally don't have racial tensions this bad.

Also, you are much less likely to die of an accident. Or a murder. And our health system is actually affordable so keeling over dead because you couldn't afford care isn't a thing either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CNN Reporter arrested by state police while on air. - by hazard - 06-02-2020, 06:46 PM