Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dipping a toe into the world of Hi-Fi
RE: Dipping a toe into the world of Hi-Fi
Speaking of killing the industry, remember a little thing called Home Taping?

[Image: LnNrYdJ.jpg]

I think I bought the thing to try and save a local copy of Spotify playlists that could be played without opening spotify. I think I might've been drunk.

It's a bit junky - with the door missing its cover, but it plays, records and the VU needles bounce around in a convincing manner with a nice warm glow from the backlights. Still, it's got more features than any cassette player I've ever had - it can actually handle chrome tape and apply noise reduction. It's no so much relearning the skills of youth - as learning how to actually make a proper recording,

It sounds fine, considering.

Good luck finding any documentation for it, mind. No manuals or service guides - the internet has no idea what it is. And Nikko are better known for remote control cars, than quality audio gear.

And I've already managed to snap a tape by being ham-fisted with the door and snagging the tape.

But yeah. CD, Cassette, LP - it's a trilogy now.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
Dipping a toe into the world of Hi-Fi - by Dartz - 05-16-2020, 12:54 PM
RE: Dipping a toe into the world of Hi-Fi - by Dartz - 07-14-2020, 04:13 PM