Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York attorney general sues to dissolve NRA
RE: New York attorney general sues to dissolve NRA
(08-09-2020, 12:14 PM)Rajvik Wrote: Hazard, you did not grow up with the RIGHT, (yes intentional capital letters there) to own a firearm and the belief that owning one was a right was not a part of your upbringing so you just don't get it. If the NRA is forcibly disbanded, it will be reincorporated somewhere like Texas within a week.

That's a nonsense "argument".

I did not grow up with the RIGHT, (yes intentional capital letters there) to same-sex marriage, but I understood the moral and ethical issues involved even before it became legal.

I did not grow up with the RIGHT, (yes intentional capital letters there) to own a slave, but I understand the moral and ethical issues involved and support it remaining illegal.

I did not grow up with the RIGHT, (yes intentional capital letters there) to life and liberty being enshrined in my country's Constitution, but I'm glad they're there now.

So not growing up with the "right" to own a firearm doesn't mean I can't understand the moral and ethical issues involved in owning a firearm.

And if the NRA gets reincorporated, here's hoping it'll be under the leadership of people who don't have an axe to grind, and are willing to do their jobs as stated in the articles of incorporation instead of wasting money on political matters.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: New York attorney general sues to dissolve NRA - by robkelk - 08-10-2020, 09:06 AM