Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
RE: 2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
(11-21-2020, 08:21 PM)nocarename Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 08:13 PM)GethN7 Wrote: More like I have no idea what will happen in the end. I keep getting this weird historical deja vu to how Rutherford Hayes got into the office when Tilden otherwise would have won conventionally. No one is completely sure of every last detail of that last-minute deal to get Hayes the job, and even I admit I have no clue Trump will do at the last moment. Be that good, bad, or just "What the hell is he smoking?" crazy.

Once we get a clear winner declared for sure, I'll concretely agree to Biden winning, because this year, in particular, has been so insane I would be surprised if bug aliens burst out of both Biden and Trump at the last moment, call in an alien fleet, and we get the news saying they welcome our new insectoid overlords Kent Brockman style.
What counts as a clear winner being declared here? Is it a public Trump concession or would something else work in place of that?

All the legal crap put to bed and a legally affirmed winner (as determined by the Supreme Court, as they'll likely have to hash this out eventually). Hayes had to have part of his trip to the Oval Office signed off on by them too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings - by GethN7 - 11-21-2020, 08:23 PM