Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
I keep forgetting to reply to this thread.  So let me go with this: Ami isn't screwed up enough to be interested in psychology.  Well, let me revise that: she doesn't see her or her mother's workaholism as problematic.  For all of the psych majors I knew, there were generally three types:
* The ones wanting with their own or their family's illnesses who get interested that way
* The ones who think it's an easy field to get through college because "I like people"
* The ones who think they can use this to pivot to business or advertising

I don't really think she's any of these, and I suspect that the people who become psychiatrists lean heavily to the first option.  And, honestly, Ami is pretty happy.  Most people go through adolescence with angst if they will be accepted by their friends or have a place in life.  She's a reincarnated princess and she knows, for a fact, that she has friends willing to die for her.

It might be the kind of thing she'd be interested in if any of her friends got post-traumatic stress, though.

Quote:Unfortunately, there's a fair number of psychiatrists that think that psychologists are a bunch of quacks, which is kinda idiotic if you ask me because most mental disorders cannot be treated with medication alone.
There are a fair number of scientologists who think that psychiatrists are quacks, but the feeling is quite mutual.

Also it's not terribly surprising the DSM description changed.  A lot of things in psychology, immunology, and neurology are pretty poorly understood, and were known to be so in the 1990s.  Diseases like this that seem to be symptom sets rather than those with direct causes are more likely to be wrong, or divisible into more syndromes.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Sixth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 11-28-2020, 12:46 AM