Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
RE: 2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
(11-29-2020, 10:06 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 09:21 PM)GethN7 Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 08:01 PM)hazard Wrote: Trump is going to keep complaining no matter what. Not only can he most likely not wrap his head around losing, if he lost he's exposed to a wide spectrum of legal trouble he has been able to keep ahead of on account of being president.

Honest question here, what has Trump done (besides being an obnoxious asshole some people did not want in office) that warrants criminal action that is any worse than what any other president of any political alignment has done?

Wikipedia has a list.

(11-29-2020, 09:21 PM)GethN7 Wrote: And why is he only shielded by being President?

Because your Department of Justice refuses to indict a sitting President.

(11-29-2020, 09:21 PM)GethN7 Wrote: Impeachment is nothing, Trump laughed his off because it died on the table and Clinton was actually impeached for perjury and still finished out his term.

You're showing a bias there. Clinton went exactly as far along the impeachment process as Trump, but you're treating them differently.

(11-29-2020, 09:21 PM)GethN7 Wrote: Buchanan was censured for influence peddling and it went nowhere even after he left office. Jackson was censured for contempt of Congress and spat on it without rebuke.

Nixon is the only president thus far who has committed actions that would have gotten him imprisoned had he not gotten a pardon. In that case, there were clear abuses of power that damaged the state itself both sides could agree on.

I get it, Trump's a jackass, I don't disagree, but most of our presidents have been jackasses. Besides, Obama drone struck people left and right, and Bush Jr started several wars on dubious grounds. What has Trump done that reaches Nixon tier bad to the point you could get everyone to agree he's scum besides being an asshole in in general, which is infuriating but not a crime?

Well, Obama can get him on libel, since (I assume) you believe what you posted about him there...

People on your right wing keep making those statements about their political foes but rarely if ever provide any evidence when asked. They're very good at the big lie, which is why claims like these must be questioned every time they're made.

Rob, until those lawsuits result in a CONVICTION for a legal offense, Trump is not guilty of squat. When that happens, get back to me.

Also, Obama did drone strike people:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-drone-strikes/

Note, I never said it was illegal for him to do so. So long as those strikes were properly authorized, he committed no legal crimes, though one can argue the moral side all day long if you want.

The point I'm getting at is that if Trump is tossed out of office and actually convicted of a legal offense, he can rightfully be called a criminal. Until then, he legally is not one until then. It's not partisanship to say that, it's innocent until proven guilty, which I hold dear for everyone, even people I may not like. In fact, I hold it especially dear for them, because once they've been convicted of a crime following due process, one can be sure they earned it.

Back to the point, if Trump loses, fine, so be it, but until that's in black and white, it's precipitous to say anything is for sure.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings - by GethN7 - 11-29-2020, 10:29 PM