Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII
I'd like to propose restricting the All The Tropes project namespace such that non-admins can no longer edit or create pages in it. I know only a few months ago I went through and protected everything in there, but we had an un-autopatrolled user decide we needed another shortcut today, so he created it. Not a big deal by itself, but given that we've restricted edit access to the pages in the namespace because they are often policy declarations, it seems to me that it might be a good idea to keep anyone from creating unauthorized "policy" pages, however briefly they might exist before we jump on them with hobnailed boots.

EDIT: I just noticed that it's the same user who prompted me to protect all those pages three months ago. <sigh> Apparently he took "don't edit pages in the project namespace" as literally has he could and figured he wasn't banned from creating new pages. I've issued a "don't do that again" warning on his talk page.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII - by Bob Schroeck - 12-05-2020, 10:03 PM
That's no fun... - by Bob Schroeck - 12-14-2020, 03:39 PM