Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII
Revisiting a topic that we promised ourselves four months ago that we'd revisit.

Any suggestions for what page or pages to put these two quotes on?

{{quote|"MOM.<!-- all-caps in original text --> There’s nothing redeeming to be said about that show. Cuties sexualizes young girls and it’s completely inappropriate."

My teen daughters are spectacularly opinionated sometimes. I love that they have a strong sense of social justice and even stronger opinions that they are more than willing to share, but I have to challenge that when it seems like they are reacting to something they’ve heard instead of forming their own conclusions.

"But have you seen it?" I asked her this week.

"No, but I’ve seen the trailers and the debate online. Do NOT<!-- all-caps in original text --> write about it. It’s not worth it. The comments will be awful."

"But what if that’s exactly the problem? That people are forming judgements about it before actually seeing Cuties or understanding the message behind it?"
|Paula Schuck|"[https://www.cbc.ca/parents/learning/view...rds-for-it I Watched Netflix Movie Cuties With My Teen Daughter And She Has Four Words For It]", September 28, 2020}}

{{quote|If art is a reflection of society, and I believe this movie is, then what’s inappropriate is us, the audience, accepting that popular culture, social media, reality shows and music all get a pass on the images and videos they share.
|Paula Schuck|"[https://www.cbc.ca/parents/learning/view...rds-for-it I Watched Netflix Movie Cuties With My Teen Daughter And She Has Four Words For It]", September 28, 2020}}

I'd put the second quote onto the work page for the movie... if we had one.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
That's no fun... - by Bob Schroeck - 12-14-2020, 03:39 PM
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII - by robkelk - 01-01-2021, 12:05 PM