Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII
"External Links" on All The Tropes:Style Guide:

Quote:Finally, don't link to TV Tropes for any reason. ... If we absolutely need to link to TV Tropes (such as on the work page for that site), a mod has already done so.

and

"What Not To Do" on All The Tropes:Works Page Guidelines, the last point:

Quote:* Do not link to TV Tropes in order to include a trope we don't have documented here. If the trope is so important that you just must have it in the work page, propose it in the Trope Workshop and then add it to the page when it passes muster.

EDIT: Looking at that page, we can certainly link to a work hosted on TVT; we do it for a few roleplays as I recall and the Style Guide note also approves of linking to works. We might want to change the text to read something like, "to view Echo Chamber, go here", though, and maybe use the full URL instead of an Interwiki link.

EDIT 2: After clicking that link, the page linked to is useless. It is, as the article says, an embed of the "latest" episode. Which, given that the series went on hiatus eight years ago, is not all that latest. Better to replace it with a link to the ShareTV page, where the entire series is hosted.

EDIT 3: Which I've just done.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
That's no fun... - by Bob Schroeck - 12-14-2020, 03:39 PM
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII - by Bob Schroeck - 01-03-2021, 04:08 PM