RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
06-18-2021, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2021, 08:33 AM by robkelk.)
06-18-2021, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2021, 08:33 AM by robkelk.)
Hmmmmm...
I noticed while adding the infobox book template to our page for "Hearts in Atlantis" that we already have Category:Works by Stephen King.
I'm 99% sure that I can update the infobox book template so that it would add "Category:Works by {{{author|}}}" to the page if Author is specified.
Should I?
It would create a lot of redlinks on Special:WantedCategories - the template is on 471 pages and counting - but it would also automate the creation of those indexes.
EDIT: I'm asking because I'm tempted to do this, even knowing it'll create a lot of work.
RE-EDIT: Although the index categories would be easy enough to create, being all the same:
RE-RE-EDIT: I think I've convinced myself to do this.
I noticed while adding the infobox book template to our page for "Hearts in Atlantis" that we already have Category:Works by Stephen King.
I'm 99% sure that I can update the infobox book template so that it would add "Category:Works by {{{author|}}}" to the page if Author is specified.
Should I?
It would create a lot of redlinks on Special:WantedCategories - the template is on 471 pages and counting - but it would also automate the creation of those indexes.
EDIT: I'm asking because I'm tempted to do this, even knowing it'll create a lot of work.
RE-EDIT: Although the index categories would be easy enough to create, being all the same:
Quote:[[Exactly What It Says on the Tin]]
[[Category:Works by creator]]
[[Category:Index Index]]
RE-RE-EDIT: I think I've convinced myself to do this.
--
Rob Kelk
Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
Boycotting ALL products from the USA as long as that country's leader continues to lie about my native country.
Government of Canada: How to immigrate to Canada
Government of Canada: Claiming refugee protection (asylum) from within Canada
Rob Kelk
Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
Boycotting ALL products from the USA as long as that country's leader continues to lie about my native country.
Government of Canada: How to immigrate to Canada
Government of Canada: Claiming refugee protection (asylum) from within Canada

