Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI
(08-03-2021, 06:01 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 03:49 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Well, I'm for trying it.  Rob, what do you think?

I so very want AdvancedSearch for the freebie wiki - so much that I can taste it.

Oh, and we can add it to ATT, too.

We'll have to ask for it, though. Let me know the Phabricator ticket number and I'll piggyback on it for my request to add it to the freebie wiki, too.

(08-03-2021, 03:49 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:We typically don't have a habit of burning evidence of anything embarrassing

I don't think we've ever had anything embarrassing that wasn't from TV Tropes to start with...

Hey, if somebody wants to help archive our pages in the Wayback Machine, more power to them. That's an extra level of backups, however spotty, in case of catastrophic deletion.

Advanced Search can be added by any bureaucrat, we'd need to request the CirrusSearch thing if we want that, and it will work without that, so we can just enable the extension in the ManageWiki settings since it's provided as an extension we can enable and disable at will.

CirrusSearch would be nice, but I doubt Miraheze can get that going at present, it requires a TON of resources that would require offloading it to its own dedicated server. We don't need it for the functionality of anything AdvancedSearch provides save the "deep category" search feature, which is a super fine-grained drill down that searches through categories and associated subcategories. For our purposes, that would not be overly important or essential at present.

Besides, the "deep category" feature is a known buggy feature that can and will die on WMF servers, so it's not very reliable to begin with (and would need manually enabled only after CirrusSearch was added), so basic AdvancedSearch will be more than enough.

Update: Both Moderation and the Edit Profile feature are not easily accessible, with the Moderation feature generally being visible on the main site only when we see the notification (if we check the log and don't do anything, it disappears until we get more edits in the queue). The EditProfile feature is not even visible on Special:SpecialPages by default (useful for removing information by request or spam). Given these are useful admin tools, I added them to an "admin only" section on the sidebar for easy access, only those with proper rights can use them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI - by GethN7 - 08-03-2021, 06:16 PM