Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
(08-31-2021, 11:51 AM)LilFluff Wrote: I liked a coworker's idea. Start a rumor among the vaccine doubters that the FDA has been hiding the horse drug in the vaccine.

I've toyed with the idea of trying to start a meme that all medicine and disease is a liberal hoax -- something really outrageous claiming that the very idea of being sick didn't exist until doctors showed up in the (random number)th century to convince people they were sick and needed curing. Seed the web with a few sites that support the story, ranging from "serious academic" to "frothing conspiracist" all pointing at each other in a massive round robin; if you can pull in and repurpose genuine quotes from the right about healthcare, all the better. Insert a couple notes in Conservapedia or the Conservative Bible Project how the passages in the Bible about Jesus curing the sick were fraudulent inserts made centuries after the fact to support the liberal medical conspiracy. Then drop a couple posts in appropriate venues, sit back and let Poe's Law take over.

Why not take advantage of what the right has wrought to convince its most numerous and rabid supporters to kill themselves off? See if we can convince them that even broken bones and bleeding wounds are a liberal hoax and if they don't buy into alleged need for care they don't really require it? And if 15-20% of the country starts avoiding all doctors and medications for purely political reasons, how long until Big Pharma, the AMA and the like make their displeasure known?

Yeah, silly idea, but we're talking about people who've willingly set their brains to "stun".
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by Bob Schroeck - 08-31-2021, 01:01 PM
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by aku - 01-06-2022, 10:06 AM