Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXII
(10-10-2021, 09:18 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 07:20 PM)GethN7 Wrote: Rob, I've already backed up all the current Navbar pages (and related pages it links to) as an offline XML dump. I can try importing importing updated stuff from Wikipedia to fix our current one showing the error text, and I can rollback if need be.

Also, I'd like to explain something, in case it wasn't clear.

When you download templates, typically you have to check the box in Special:Export to grab all pages connected to said template, else it will be broken on arrival. One of the reasons my earlier attempt to fix things went bad is because of this. I should be able to avoid anything that cannot be quickly rolled back if you deem it unsuitable, and when I do import the updated files, I will include an edit reason that will note which files need reverted if something goes wrong to the import to minimize any potential issues.

Is that acceptable?

That's fine, but it doesn't address my concern. What I asked for is a timetable:

(10-04-2021, 05:45 PM)robkelk Wrote: Let's treat this the way we should have treated it all along: as a software upgrade project.

Issue #1: Undesired text is appearing in infoboxes.

Issue #2: The patch applied to resolve Issue #1 caused images and headers in infoboxes to change alignment from centered to left-aligned.

Question #1: Can Issue #2 be resolved by re-applying the patch to resolve Issue #1 and then modifying that patch?

Question #2: If the answer to Question #1 is "yes", does the person who applies the patch to resolve Issue #1 know what needs to be done to resolve Issue #2?

Question #3: If the answer to Question #2 is "yes", what is the timetable for resolving Issue #2?

Exactly what, in the specific, do you want to do, and in what order?

Very well, timetable is:

1. Backup current broken templates to offline XML in case fix goes poorly. (Done)

2. Export improved version from Wikipedia.

3. Import to ATT.

4. Make sure fix did not break anything.

5. If fix broke something, rollback fix to files saved prior.

Yes, this is easily fixed by me, and can be rolled back if something goes wrong, either by me or anyone else, all imported files will be marked by an edit reason stating they need to be rolled back if they broke something so any new breakage, if any, can be quickly reverted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXII - by GethN7 - 10-10-2021, 01:31 PM