Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIII
Shared this in a PM with Rob, making it public because Umbire has me on ignore (I have been informed the reason, I apologize, will not repeat my error again in your presence, and you may hold me to that, refer to this if I break my word, I will step down from any position of authority on ATT if I break that word without objection for however long the other staff and community deem necessary) and they discussed the issue with him. The issue in question was on templates for infoboxes for books showing all sorts of goofy markup errors, and also making this public so it can be discussed.

This is a spit and pencil solution, but using the Page Preview extension (which allows previewing changes to pages and templates without saving anything), I was able to figure out a quick fix for all client-side issues:

Remove all the following tags from this page:

https://allthetropes.org/w/index.php?tit...ate:Navbar

<translate>
</translate>
<translate nowrap>

That fixes all the visible errors on the user end. It's not ideal, it will lack translation tag markup for whenever it works again, so it will need reverted or replaced then, but all the client-side issues (what readers see) should be fixed. Might result in some stray markup tags on the template page, but this is harmless and should not affect readers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIII - by GethN7 - 11-08-2021, 09:24 PM