Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIV
Whipsawing the current subject once again, in the wake of Iloveicecream, I'd like to propose adding the following as the final paragraph of "== Can I just copy over stuff from TV Tropes?==" on All The Tropes: Copyright:

Quote:Finally, be aware that there is ''no excuse'' for plagiarism/copyright violation. Saying "I didn't know", "I didn't mean it" or the incredibly unlikely "I did it by accident" will ''not'' absolve you of your responsibility for violating the law and putting the wiki at risk, ''especially'' if it's not your first offense. The only thing such a claim will net you is a roll of the eyes from whichever administrator is handling your violation.<ref>We've actually had former users whose entire defense boiled down to "I'm too stupid and ignorant to be held responsible for my acts of copyright violation". To which our response was, "Then you are too stupid and ignorant to allow on the wiki."</ref>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIV - by Bob Schroeck - 01-10-2022, 03:12 PM