Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polarizing stories spotted in the news
RE: Polarizing stories spotted in the news
(02-19-2022, 10:49 AM)LynnInDenver Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 04:57 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 06:35 PM)LynnInDenver Wrote: BA, my understanding is the the reporter actually sat on the information until the website was actually fixed, and then released the story.

Apologies.  I didn't see that in the article, and if it was mentioned, it was a short enough blurb that I missed it in a casual reading.

No worries... this does bring up the other problem... the "let's instigate a knee jerk reaction among my supporters" in terms of the demand that the reporter face charges that aren't really what they did. "Publicly accessible in the HTML of the page" requires a disproportionate stretching of the definition of "hacking", while also casting allusions as to the ethics of the reporter. It will probably provide at least some of the intended effect; some reporters will decide not to pursue future stories of this type because they don't want the public headaches.

Having met reporters... nah.  Getting these kinds of government oppression stories written about oneself are status symbols for reporters, especially for a case so unlikely to succeed.

And now for something completely different:

Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene Wrote:Not only do we have the D.C. jail, which is the D.C. gulag.  But now we have Nancy Pelosi’s gazpacho police spying on members of Congress, spying on the legislative work that we do, spying on our staffs, and spying on American citizens that want to come talk to their representatives.

Terrifying.  But you would expect that from an Italian like Pelosi.  Tyranny is a dish best served cold.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: Polarizing stories spotted in the news - by Labster - 02-21-2022, 04:27 PM