Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
To be honest, I consider the July offensive to be relatively early. Not impossibly early, but relatively early. I think the only reason they are pushing now is because the HIMARS are proving as effective as they are and they're seeing an opportunity to exploit before the Russians can adjust. I think that, originally, they were expecting to perform this offensive in August or September and use the fall rasputitsa as the end point and set the lines for winter. It'll be interesting if Ukraine manages to retake Crimea by that time, something that would've sounded utterly mad prior to the culmination of Russia's offensive in the Donbass region, but now has the faint tinge of possibility. Especially if they manage it before they dislodge Russia from the eastern regions of Ukraine.

As for Yevgenij and others like him. He didn't need to die. He probably didn't deserve to die either. But there is a war on, 'need' or 'deserve' have nothing to do with it. It's a dangerous business, and when your bosses are as neglectful and callous as Russia's high command, you are going to die.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country - by hazard - 07-24-2022, 06:04 AM