Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI
(10-04-2022, 02:54 AM)Umbire Wrote:
(10-03-2022, 10:09 PM)GethN7 Wrote: As for Wikis, if they have a bias of any kind, I say we keep the articles, and mention their biases, but just strip out any language that goes beyond objective reporting of said bias (as in, no condemnation of it nor endorsement). Frankly, it would be nigh impossible to mention RationalWiki in any way without commenting on their generally liberal bias for example, which I would in a detached manner, but I see no reason to not keep them so long as we can keep to a "we report, you decide" rule on the subject of bias. I would also say we should enforce a strict OPOV (Objective Point of View) for all pages on sites of any sort of politically or socially charged bent, and only toss them if they fall completely outside our topic scope.

I also agree we could spin off Steam/Uplay/etc. into a Web Store category.

Insofar as we flawed humans can remain 'objective' I agree. :B

Likewise. If we don't agree on what's centrist, then people are going to complain that we call sites right-wing or left-wing when they aren't.

(For example, I find myself needing to shift all bias assessments one category to the right at mediabiasfactcheck.com, because they use an American definition of "centrist". At least they admit it so we can react accordingly.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI - by robkelk - 10-04-2022, 07:49 AM