Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII
I've brought it up quite a few times before, but I genuinely think it's ultimately to the detriment of this fork's reputation.

I've been thinking about it on and off, but especially more so after that whole deal with Max, and I personally think we deserve a far better caliber of audience than "people with grudges against TVTropes", especially when disliking the place is about the lowest bar in the world at this point: A lot of people are currently sick of the anti-intellectual approaches to media inspired by shit like pre-Second Incident TVT, various Caustic Critic-Aspirants, and too-online media junkies. ("Umbire, why did you repeat the same thing exactly thrice?")

Beyond that, it makes infinitely less than zero sense to continue lobbing barbs from my perspective - speaking in the sense of recent editors on that article, rather than referring to admins specifically since you've generally been working on that yourselves (which I commend) - when we've had to instill restrictions of our own regarding one-handed editing, drive-by anonymous weirdos, anti-spam measures and so on. All of those are reasonable, but if they are, then it's not very hard to see reason in some of TVT's own actions and, at barest minimum, write up something on them that isn't 2/3rd complaining about a pair of admins of whom at least one isn't even on the site anymore (that I'm aware of, so don't quote me on it).

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII - by Umbire - 01-02-2023, 07:27 PM