Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII
(01-03-2023, 01:20 PM)to point out I started the Stonetoss page, and while I admit it needs work, Umbire Wrote: On that note... another TVT mod appears to have recently been in hot water, for apparently endorsing Holocaust denial and trying to split too many hairs regarding it.

The relevance beyond comments about particular TV Tropes mods is that it's caused me to look at the StoneToss page we have and go "oh right, this reads like a complete hack job". I'll be posting on that talk page in somewhat more detail shortly.

I'm the one responsible for the Stonetoss page. Admittedly, it is a bit anemic and needs fleshing out. That said, I'd like to point out I'm no partisan, I'm fine with it being politically altered if I have accidentally given it too much endorsement and/or venom. Just be clear, I did contact the creator for use of one of their images for the page, which they gave explicit permission to use in full, but that by no means binds me to be prejudical towards their interests if the objective fact does not reflect well on them.

That said, one of the reasons I established a page on it to begin with was because I believe calling it outright "hate speech" was going a bit too far. I've read actual neo-Nazi tracts before (I even sporked a couple on my blog for fun), and I readily concede Stonetoss does lean into, if not totally Holocaust denial, they do tend towards sympathy for it to some degree. That said, given the rather trollish tone of much of his work and social media posting, there is some degree of argument this could be to just be offensive in the name of troll humor. Whatever the degree of truth there is to the claims either way, I just hope we can have a page that states the facts as they are and lets the glory or vileness speak for itself without us editorializing.

One last thing that is very important: I will plant my feet in the ground and steadfastly resist ANYTHING added that cannot be legally proven. I removed information from the page about Stonetoss' alleged real name because we have no proof. I'd rather ATT die than have us hit by libel suits. Umbire, I readily concede we need to flesh the page out and I we definitely need to point out where the author's views decidedly lean. At the same time, let's make sure your bias does not leak into anything either, the information I removed could have gotten us sued without reliable citation, and even Wikipedia wasn't willing to go that far.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII - by GethN7 - 01-03-2023, 05:44 PM