Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Apartment Manager is not a Planning Thread, #14
RE: My Apartment Manager is not a Planning Thread, #14
With the assignment of the cast of Girls und Panzer to Douglass Gardens, I've been looking for a good sized plot of land to turn into a tank park, per discussions here and by voice.

I think I might have a candidate. Royce Brook Golf Club in Hillsborough, NJ is something like 20 minutes to half an hour from DGA. As of last year it was even trying to sell off parts of itself to a housing contractor for a new development, so its owners might be amenable to a full buyout circa 2016. The only question, is 435 acres sufficient for decent tank battles?

Leaning in to the realism side of the equation, they'd probably want to build some manner of protective wall around the tankery zone, because the land butts right up against farmland, and we don't want any stray tanks squishing someone's crops. Or even just lobbing a giant paintball into them by accident.

And do we even want to consider insurance costs?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Apartment Manager is not a Planning Thread, #14 - by Bob Schroeck - 04-27-2023, 03:22 PM