Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII
(07-18-2023, 01:05 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: As I'm pretty sure Rob has already noticed, I created a franchise navbox for Ranma 1/2

I was surprised to see the "edit conflict" screen pop when I was adding the Neon Genesis Evangelion navbox to fan works pages because you had added it to "Wild Horse's Thesis" between my starting to edit it and hitting the save button.

(07-18-2023, 01:05 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: and in the process I was surprised to see just how few standalone Ranma fics we have pages for, at least in the Ranma/Fan Works category.  I'm going to have to do something about that sooner or later...

I trust that means "write some works pages", not "write some Ranma fic". Smile There's plenty of Ranma fic out there.

Changing topics...

Quote:Undocumented Features is large enough to have created its own internal tropes:

* Married Mai Waifu For Real. A significant percentage of the Author Avatars end up married to or in permanent long-term relationships with various hot fictional babes. Just to name a few:
  • Gryphon and Kei (...and Skuld, and Sumire Kanzaki, and ...)
  • Megazone and Yuri
  • Rob Shannon and Ayeka
  • Redneck and Wasyuu
  • Hammer and Eiko
  • This is not just about getting the girl. These are full-fledged relationships; the characters have children, and have to balance work and their family life.

We could probably turn this into a "real" trope, if we can come up with some more examples. Anybody know of any other that UF and (broadening from "author avatar" to "isekai protagonist") this little story of mine?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII - by robkelk - 07-18-2023, 04:07 PM