Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Apartment Manager is not a Planning Thread, #14
RE: My Apartment Manager is not a Planning Thread, #14
(08-12-2023, 08:04 PM)Labster Wrote: Yeah, that's the list we're going for.  Sorry Ilya fans!

On the topic of Astral... I've been watching Rental Magica but it's been kind of a slog, honestly.  I probably would have given up if it weren't chosen for a source for our story.  After eight episodes I still don't actually care about any of the characters, though I will admit that witch hat and cloak over serafuku is a fashionable look.  Do the characters ever develop depth?

By eight episodes in, most of them are about as deep as they're going to get. Nekoyaski gets a bit of depth when they visit Mikan's family home, and Honami gets some depth in the last multi-episode arc in the series, but neither get very much.

This one's more interesting if you're looking to become familiar with the magic that they use; the writers show their work. But if you're already familiar with the magic systems, well...

(08-12-2023, 08:04 PM)Labster Wrote: In other research: since we already have Casey and Andy in our setting, I finally read one of Andy Weir's books, because someone left a copy of Project Hail Mary in one of those neighborhood book boxes.  So is Andy more serious now that he is a snooty professional author?  That could be useful characterization.  Let's see, this story features: the main character complaining about tubes inserted in his butt, people casually handling antimatter that eventually causes a giant explosion at Baikonur, and the MC declaring "Stupid humanity."  I am now pretty much assuming that the SI in C&A is a good representation of the author.

Finally we have some screenshots posted from the upcoming last chapter of National Park Girls, with a new character, Death Valley-tan.  This has some potential routing implications for the road trip story, doesn't it?  Also she wears a black cowboy hat, and we all know what that means.

I was thinking "Death Valley-tan must be pretty brown" until I saw the hyphen. Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Apartment Manager is not a Planning Thread, #14 - by robkelk - 08-12-2023, 08:15 PM