Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVIII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVIII
<sigh> I am getting tired of Kuma's inability to write in standard English. I just rewrote a new trope candidate of theirs in the Workshop -- Power Booster -- so that it might actually make some sense, and I'm starting on their second new one, Exclusive Armaments, but it's a daunting task. (Not to mention it feels like we might have something like this already, but nothing is immediately coming to mind.) I also noted that they just dumped some 17K into Nasuverse/Analysis‎ over the weekend, and I hesitate to imagine how many crimes against grammar and comprehensibility got added to that page.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to find a trope I know we have, but I can't remember what it's called -- the Yiddish-inspired practice of dismissing an idea or concept by rhyming it with something starting with and "shm" sound, like "Trope, Schmope". I'm going to keep looking for it, but if anyone knows what it is off the top of their heads, I'd appreciate the reminder. Thanks.

EDIT: And just as soon as I post that, of course I find "Word, Schmord".
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVIII - by Bob Schroeck - 01-08-2024, 11:36 AM