Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Loonytic in the Court of King Random
Re: Amber
While I am flattered, my (distributed) fanfic output so far, consists on a "spamfic" called "Cute Dwarf" (an anime Red Dwarf x-over), archived on RAAC if anyone was mad enough to want to see it.
I would likely get on better with my "Pretty Soldier Sailor Skylark", an original SF set of stories (not generally distributed), set around an interstellar merchanter "The Skylark", in a world under threat from Universe Eaters (that's right, they eat universes!). While no doubt Doug could have fun with them and their problems, I don't think the universe would be of enough general interest for even a faux Step, seeing as the whole point (I think) is how Doug interacts with already known, mainly anime style, settings. On the other hand, how _would_ Doug get on with a starship crewed by eleven women, physically identical except for hair and eye colour? [grin] They _do_ have quite a high turn-over in their (male) captains! [grin]
I can see a few things that might be done in an Amber Step, particularly with rubbing a few people's noses into how stuck up and paranoid they are, but the really major consideration would be how screamingly unethical Doug would think almost all Amberites are. Personally I would rate Doug as about mid ranking in the Amberite power and skill stakes, though many will have a much wider range of skills than him. He does fall down on the endurance, though, not being demi-god like, and would have to make sure most fights didn't last very long.
I will think on this a bit, and I would be quite happy to at least discuss some ideas by e-mail.
Thanks, again.
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind

Messages In This Thread
A Loonytic in the Court of King Random - by Ace Dreamer - 05-14-2003, 01:17 PM
Amber - by drakensis - 05-15-2003, 11:19 AM
Re: Amber - by Ace Dreamer - 05-15-2003, 11:58 AM
Re: Amber - by Bob Schroeck - 05-15-2003, 06:57 PM
Re: Amber - by Zojojojo - 05-15-2003, 10:24 PM
Re: Amber - by Offsides - 05-15-2003, 10:55 PM
Re: Amber - by Bob Schroeck - 05-16-2003, 07:22 PM
Re: Amber - by Ace Dreamer - 05-17-2003, 02:04 PM