Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[meta] theory of handwavium 'magic'
Re: Theory
Handwave animating corpses?
I thought handwavium only enhances attributes? How it can animate something that's dead?
Response to self: Perhaps one can animate it due to those frog-leg twitching experiments and such?
Why would handwavium do anything with tattoo ink besides making it better ink or a better tattoo?
Stage magicians sure as long as the illusionists can believe they do real magic. Their mind's in control of their body, plus they'd also need 'wavium -in- their body or the objects being manipulated. Sometimes both.
Harry Potter's wand. That was an example that popped into my mind. One of the original props would be stronger than a replica to my way of thinking, because if it'sa replica, it's just one mind. Herding wavium by by thousands of audience members who've seen the live-action movie series and the original mind to make it work is a lot more powerful. Also, it's a Hollywood prop which are supposed to look like things, and there's no better enhancement to a prop, than actually doing what it's pretending to do. Saves on special effects budgets. Self-doubt does undermine the whole thing. It's the original mind's will making it what it wants.
Flying carpet. The theory of 'wavium magic I presented wouldn't work on it, because unless you can find a live-action movie or television series prop(for the whole series), i.e Knight Rider, rather than a made-for-TV movie, every person in the world has a different idea of what a flying carpet would look like. The made-for-TV movie would be less powerful, i.e have a time limit per year or something.
Can't see why a broom can't fly. That's the one thing handwavium can make things do with no trouble, just with a lot of quirks. Flight is reproducible.
Sailor Mars.The original's mind should be much more powerful than however many people believe that they're someone else. People have different versions of characters in live-action in their head and that would conflict with each other cancelling each other out.
Solution: Some bright spark made a live-action movie.
Secret: Unless it's the Professor, I can't see anyone willingly give the keys to the kingdom even if it has been duplicated 169 times before in secret.
Note: Avoid giving live-action movie actors handwavium biomods.
Pratchett's Law:Cool. I'll just steal his ideas. It worked for Shakespeare.
"Evil tends to triumph over good...unless good is very, very sneaky."-Anonymous-

Messages In This Thread
Re: Theory - by kentmagus - 12-06-2007, 04:29 AM
Re: Theory - by robkelk - 12-06-2007, 05:49 AM
Re: Theory - by Norgarth - 12-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Re: Theory - by Bob Schroeck - 12-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Re: Theory - by Ebony - 12-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Re: Theory - by kentmagus - 12-08-2007, 02:19 AM
Re: Theory - by robkelk - 12-08-2007, 03:46 AM
Re: [meta] theory of handwavium 'magic' - by Feinan - 01-19-2008, 04:16 PM