Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some characters don't _need_ a series.
Re: quibble
*chuckle* You can reach me at: FeinanCoX at gmail dot com, after taking care of the spambot filtering. That's available for anyone here that needs to talk to me via email.
Edit - *reads the bit about your launch, and winces* Yes, you DO have a bit of a problem, don't you. Hrm. If you're looking for a new plant to replace the dying carbon fiberweeds...you'll need something fast-growing, something strong, and something space capable. Well, I've already worked out ways to do the first and the third. I think your carbon fiberweeds might've worked if they could've survived space conditions, though I think incorporating spider silk in the construction would be a good idea. *chews his lip, considering, and works out an initial list of organisms/things to combine in a biomod.*
Kudzu - fast-growing vines
Leafy splurge - these have an EXTENSIVE root network. Useful for keeping the soil together.
Hummingbird cells - speed up the general metabolism
Shrew cells - likewise.
Anaerobic bacteria - got to make them able to survive without air somehow.
Succulent (Jade plant) - thick, water-retentive leaves, able to withstand harsher conditions
Extremophilic bacteria - more aid in resisting the harshness of space.
Spider webs, as well as spider spinnerets - silk production, hopefully incorporated in the vines.
Carbon dust - good idea that I'm not afraid to try for this. You'd need to add a carbon-rich fertilizer as the plants grow, I think. Advantage - should make dark/black leaves which would absorb even the faintest light. If you're going out into the Oort, you'll need that. Even if you're just in the Belt, it'll be useful.
You might have to keep the plants trimmed rather vigorously. This incorporates four out of five of the items I used in the tribble rose, and that grew FAST...as in 'Oh, look - I can see it growing.' If that's a problem, I can leave out either the hummingbird or the shrew, and that should hopefully slow it down. Leaving out the multiflora rose should slow it down a little bit already. But given the nature of your emergency, it looks as though you need something that will grow as fast as possible.
Email me, and we can discuss your contacting the Jason and what you'd need.

Messages In This Thread
Some characters don't _need_ a series. - by Kokuten - 01-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Re: Some characters don't _need_ a series. - by Sirrocco - 01-14-2007, 05:40 PM
quibble - by Foxboy - 01-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Re: quibble - by Norgarth - 01-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Re: quibble - by Sirrocco - 01-15-2007, 12:49 AM
Re: quibble - by Kokuten - 01-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Re: quibble - by Sirrocco - 01-15-2007, 02:29 AM
Re: quibble - by Kokuten - 01-15-2007, 02:56 AM
Re: quibble - by Sirrocco - 01-15-2007, 03:29 AM
Re: quibble - by Kokuten - 01-15-2007, 03:58 AM
Re: quibble - by Kokuten - 01-15-2007, 04:11 AM